If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 30 [Another Heart Calls]

Just as soon as I see you/I didn't lie/But didn't I tell you?/As deep as I need you/You wanna leave it all/What can I do?/Say it's true/Or everything that matters breaks in two/Say it's true/I'll never ask for anyone but you~The All-American Rejects- Another Heart Calls

“My darlin’, are you awake?” a beautiful voice cooed their hand on my shoulder rubbing a soft massage into my skin. It was a comforting gesture that bought warmth and comfort flooding through me like a beacon or a forest fire. I had missed that feeling. My eyes slowly fluttered opened and I met Will’s beautiful brown eyes with those enchanting flecks of green, oh how I loved those eyes. He let out a heavy sigh of relief and his taught posture relaxed.

I had fought off the demon with the help of Amber’s magical touch, it was over.

Well, not entirely.

Without a word I rolled over turning my back to him, the now cool breeze in the night that seeped in through the smashed window hitting my back. Hugging myself I noted I was now in jeans and a singlet, all blood and sweat absent on my body. Amber, my heart sang out to her, her sweet gestures not going by unnoticed.

Will rounded to the other side of the bed trying to face me. Instantly I scrambled up trying to escape as he tried to grab my hand hastily. “Tanze talk to me.” he begged oblivious to how he had hurt me, again.

I stood on the other side of the bed, the bed putting an appreciated amount of distance between us. Will watched me his whole face full of pain and worry, desperate for answers when it should be me wanting answers.

“Do I disgust you that much?” I asked looking him dead in the eyes my face faltering to crumble. Will’s eyes grew in shock. “Do I embarrass you that much?” I cried my voice breaking as I pressed on. “Do you even want me?” I cried tears falling slowly and gently as I let this tough exterior of mine to shatter to the ground as he saw the literal truth of me, how broken I truly was.

“How can you even think that?” he gasped his eyes wide, horrified.

I laughed miserably “Oh I don’t know, maybe the fact that the last time I saw you properly was over a month ago. Maybe because you seem to have more of an interest in your ex girlfriend than me. Or is she your girlfriend? Maybe because you never told me about her and I found out by your mum making an utter freakin’ fool out of myself!” I continued ranting spilling every last piece of doubt, rage or even jealousy out of me till I was nothing. “Or maybe because you don’t even remember or attend my own birthday, hat you get other people to babysit me, doing your job. Or how it seems Erin is more your soul mate than I will ever be, I mean wouldn’t you think that it would be your soul mate that would go to France with you as it is after all about both of us. Are you sure it isn’t you two who are to walk off into the sunset together?!” I demanded ignoring his growl or expressions, I blocked it out so I wouldn’t stop. I didn’t want to stop, all of this pent up emotions were coming out here and now. “I don’t know Will, it could be the fact that you obviously don’t want me at all since you can’t even kiss me let alone make love to me, and it seems it is more of a chore to you! I think the biggest hint though was that you HAVENT BEEN THERE. When my life came crumbling down, you weren’t there.” I said dragging it out slow, making it crystal clear as I gasped through y tears, my best friends back. I felt as if he’d ripped my heart out and lit it on fire, put it through the paper shredder and was now stomping all over the tiny part left over of my heart.

“Tanze” Will begged taking a step towards me.

I shook my head “You weren’t there.” I whispered my voice trembling. He took another step and I backed back to the window shaking my head. “I guess I'll see you when you finally decide I'm worth it? Maybe in another month’s time?”