If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 26 [Something To Die For]

Won't you see it in your heart, you should/Know you always played your part real good, oh yeah/That's something to die for/That's something to die for~Carolina Liar - Something To Die For

“I think w-“

I jolted up gasping as I clutched my chest, all growing quiet. I glanced around to find myself on someone’s lap in a moving car. “Oh, I just had the scariest dr-….” I paused trailing off as I looked into the eyes of the people surrounding me. Gabe and Ty were on the seats beside myself whereas Liz and Rob where in the front seat. I turned to Will, the one’s lap I was sitting on. His eyes were full of sadness, sympathy, the look making my insides coil tightly like a snake. “It wasn’t a dream was it? They really do have him, don’t they?” I whispered looking him dead in the eyes.

Will nodded gently reaching out to stroke the side of my face causing my insides to quiver “I'm so sorry Tanze.”

I nodded stiffly beyond tears now; I was so broken that there were no more tears left to shed. Run out. Empty. Broken down. Mutely I bought my legs up on Will’s lap and curled into his chest my face resting there as I soaked in his warmth. Will wrapped his arms around me tightly, securing me to his chest. He didn’t want me but I could pretend, I couldn’t care who held me I just needed someone to. Will’s hands ran up and down my back soothing me, seeping warmth into me.

It was as my eyes began to droop that I realized I was clueless, unaware of what was happening, what I was doing and where I was going. “What’s going on?” I whispered into Will’s chest afraid to speak any louder.

“We’re going to get your dad back.”

I blinked multiple times trying to absorb it “You’d do that for me?” I whispered my voice nothing but stunned.

Will kissed the top of my head, lingering as he seeped warmth into me “I’d give my life for you.” He whispered his lips now brushing my temples. My heart melted and I had to hold myself strong to resist into temptation.

“Wait, how do you know where you’re going?” I asked louder the whole car hearing this time. Although with Were hearing they probably heard everything else. “Where’s the ransom note?” I asked sitting up straighter as questions consumed me.

Will sighed whilst reluctantly searching into his pocket and pulling out a small piece of paper that nestled into my palm easily reading;

                                       ‘THE GIRL FOR DADDY’

A clichéd yet terrifying ransom note. My stomach fell. I’d do it. I know I'd do it for dad, anything. He was the only one who hadn’t hurt me. I'd do it.

“How do you know where?” I asked rattling off another question as this feeling gripped my stomach with a sense of knowing.

“A map came with it.” Will said gently as if this would break me, oblivious to the fact I was already broken. But how was he to know? Our link was broken so he knew of nothing I’ve endured in the slightest, he hadn’t been there.

I nodded stiffly “Where….?” I asked. Will handed me the sheet of the map. I swallowed roughly; Wollongong. “Where’s my phone?” I said scanning the seats floor noting in my search I was still in my dress my body sticky from the salt, I felt terrible and sickly dirty. We must have left instantly or close to after I had fainted as the sun rose before us, the signs telling me we were hitting the east of Wollongong when we needed the west side.

“Here.” Will offered gently kissing my bare shoulder.

Struggling I pushed away the tingling feeling in my stomach. Getting my phone out I sent the address to Logan telling him to meet me near the house but no in eyesight of the people within the house, ASAP. Chucking my phone carelessly on the floor it echoed with a thud. It as amazing to think that if I’d done that a week or so ago I would have cursed and searched it frantically for any scratches. Now I didn’t care the slightest about an expensive new phone. Relaxing again back in my seat I got back to serious mode. “So what’s the plan? Hand me over?”