If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 14 [When You Are Near]

When you are near me/When you are here I see all that I am baby/You're all that I have/You're all that I am~Carolina Liar – When You Are Near

“Will, your parents? They aren’t mad are they?” I whispered, it was still dark and we were now talking and… other things. Mainly doing other things.

He chuckled “Not now.” He murmured “Don’t worry they’ll be fine. They should be the ones scared to meet you after your last meeting, besides they’d probably be thanking you too.”

My forehead crinkled in confusion “Why?” I whispered my heart beat slowing.

“Tanze darlin’ you’ve saved me and you haven’t even realized it.” He whispered tenderly brushing his lips along my knuckles. “I never really enjoyed knowing what I am, who I am, I've always hated how I could never live a normal life of dating who I wanted and being honest and not having to worry about my job even at a young age. I hated it; I never got close to people outside my world because of it. School was great for me as it gave me a sense of normality but once that was over….they became worried. And then I met you, and I tried so hard to resist you because even though you are my mate, you can still be in danger. I was trying to protect you even if that meant pushing you away, but I just couldn’t you do things to me Tanz that no one has experienced before, you’ve made me the happiest I could ever be and although my parents didn’t know why there was a sudden change in my step, they do now.” He explained.

I looked up at him “Will, what you are isn’t anything to be ashamed of, it’s so inspiring and amazing! I love you, for you, for all of you.” I said brushing my lips across his.

Will beamed “You have no idea what those words do to me.”

I smiled coyly “I think I have a fair idea.”

He chuckled brushing a kiss over my lips “I love you darlin’.”

There was a beautiful silence as I snuggled deeper into Will’s bare chest soaking up his warmth and scent. A thought hit Will making him break the silence. “Tell me, does your dad know where you went?”

I had to think for a moment “Oh yea, I left a note saying I was going to one of the girls’ houses.” I said once my memory trigged, it felt so long ago.

“But you didn’t go to the girls.” He stated rather than asked.

I shook my head sighing “I needed to think.” I admitted. “So I changed my mind and went for a walk, though the note doesn’t say that.”

He tightened his hold “And you had no phone nor did no one knew where you where, Tanze that is dangerous.” He scolded into my hair; my eyes closed ignoring the remark.

“Tanze do you hear me? You could have gotten hurt just like what could have happened with that guy the other-“

I cut him off; I pushed back and looked up at him. “But I didn’t. So it’s okay, right?” I asked stretching up and kissing him slowly. “Right?” I murmured against his lips.

“Right.” He whispered raggedly kissing me back just as slowly. “Wait no. not right.” He said pulling back his hands reaching for mine as I sighed in defeat. “Tanze, no danger okay? You’re not going to get hurt, it’s unbearable.” He said struggling for words.

“Shhh.” I cooed placing my hand over his mouth. “No danger. It’s not going to happen cause you’ll be here, right?” I whispered.

His eyes softened as I removed my hand and sat it on the side of his face “I'll be here. I promise.” He murmured.