If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Epilogue

-5 Years Later-

Driving back down the road, with the woods embracing me either side and the road before me leading me back home I hummed happily, my hands tapping to the beat of the song on the radio on the steering wheel. My smile only grew greater at the sight of the silver band on my wedding finger, glittering in the light streaming through the window in the late afternoon heat.

It was this time of day that I loved most, it was the time I finished work at the furniture store and made my way home. Working for The Council had come to a standstill which I was grateful for in somewhat ways as it meant no travelling and so I could keep with my family. The Council obviously didn’t need me since after three years our world was flourishing and growing with the soul mates and love, our world never stronger. They didn’t need me to teach them of the traits and all, not with them being so many now with soul mates and marks bearing their destiny on their body.

The Council had now a somewhat of a database census before this of the members of in our world, just so they could keep tabs on who they were overlooking. That in itself made things hard having to keep tabs when a Vampire could make and turn a whole lot of other Vampires and so could some other species from our world. However the law stated that they could only be turned if they were their soul mates and had consent, if they were different circumstances they had to take it to The Council. Now though with soul mates they had almost a linking chart showing who was mated to who to try and keep tabs on and to see if there was some pattern or such, taking it well over board and serious in my degree. It was love and destiny, what more was there to ask?

Either way our world even seemed unbelievable at the moment.

The sight of our mailbox had my smile growing as I indicated off from the road and up our long driveway as the gradient grew and sloped up around the hill. My smile grew larger at the sight before me as I grew closer, the plastic bikes and toys scattered along the front lawn, the cubby house in the side tree with a huge pink heart on the front door Summer had painted on, and even the clothes on the line.

It was home.

Parking in the garage beside the family car I closed the door and walked up the steps onto the porch. The sound of chatter, laughter and the sound of plates moving about inside the kitchen met my ears before I opened the door making my smile grow even greater, a smile I knew I’d never be used to.

Opening the door it was as if the house came to a standstill, until a little head popped around the doorway. Her red tendrils of her hair ran down her back, growing crazily and her wide brown eyes gleaming in excitement with that enormous and heart melting smile on her face.

She gasped “Daddy!” she cried before her pitter patter footfalls met my ears.

I met her half way as I crouched down and scooped her up, doing the airplane as I moved her about above my head, her giggles and ecstatic cries lighting my heart. I chuckled softly as I tucked her to my side, kissing the crown of her head. “Hey baby girl, how was day care?” I murmured softly as I made my way down to the kitchen where she had come from.

“Good, Papa picked me!” she gloated as if it was something I’d be jealous of making my smile grow. Papa being my father in law, and my father known to our monsters as Poppy.

“Did he? Did he bring you back here or what?” I asked gasping in surprise as we stepped into the kitchen.

“Yeah!” she cried ecstatic nodding her head so eagerly I thought it would roll right off “Than he got me an ice cream and Papa took me home!” she cried still bouncing about in my arms.

“And mummy got really angry didn’t she since you’re on such a sugar high, yeah?”

I looked up at the sound of her voice to see my darlin’ little mate over by the benches looking at Summer with her ever so glowing smile, raising a single brow with her mock frustration only making our baby girl giggle and laugh some more. She was still as beautiful as she was six years ago when we first met.