If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 23 [Run Away]

Run away, run away tonight/It aint no victory, but I don't care, I don't care if it's wrong or right/We can just run away, run away tonight/It aint no victory but I don't care, I don't care if it's wrong or right~Live - Run Away

I woke up an hour or so later to a still, dark and empty house the shadows making me feel uneasy. I was on the floor in a ball by the door. Will was gone and for that I was grateful.

I didn’t hesitate as I grabbed my still already packed bags and tossed them in my Ute. I locked up the basically already locked and dark house and sped out of Dame Hills never looking back.

With trembling hands I turned on my iPod as it played through my Ute, it playing loud over my heavy sobs, the tears attacking me again. I wiped my eyes groaning as I realized I hadn’t left a message for dad back at the house, I pulled out my phone and called his mobile leaving a message on his voicemail saying I was going to visit mum and not caring in the slightest that I was crying on what I left on the recording. I remembered Logan and I decided to call him in the morning.

So I drove to Sydney, to mum’s house, the place I hated the most, listening to sad music and crying my eyes out.

I got there at six in the morning welcomed by no one and having to sleep outside the house in the car as the gates up to mum’s driveway was locked, everyone in bed.

When I woke up the gateman was there having lunch, I had apparently sleep through until lunch.

The guard, after giving my Ute a disgruntle look let me up after asking who I was. I mean, was he serious? He let me enter up the drive to home; it was a pretty overdone entrance for a house in the centre of Sydney. The drive was lined with huge oak trees and lush grass and came to a circled round about drive with a pebbled drive way, a fountain sitting in the middle of the circle as the centre piece. The house was one of stone and marble, positioned on a hill of a secluded area gazing out over the one and only Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Sydney Opera House, the best view possible. People pay billions of dollars just to stay in a hotel over night with such a view. Mum was living in a suburb in Sydney called Darling Point four kilometers from the centre of Sydney, the place for the rich and celebrities, for example Nicole Kidman lived in this suburb. It was a rich stuck up area, if you were with people from that area you were judged and critiqued every minute right down to the detail of your toes, whereas if you mingled with people outside that area you were ridiculed for being “stuck up” and “arrogant” receiving either open stares of awe or death glares. No matter who I mingled with I had never found a sense of belonging.

Yet here I was walking up the path and inside with my luggage determined to stay here until I died and grew old and lonesome. I’d honestly hadn’t thought of what next, I had just acted and I didn’t want to think of what next because that would only finalize what I feared. I was alone.

Walking inside the foyer and greeted by absolutely no one nor receiving any welcoming in the slightest I was told mum was gone to spend the day shopping with some close personal friends making me shrug off the news.

I climbed the extravagant gold trimmed stair case and found my bed, crawling into my old king size bed and falling asleep.

The next time I awoke it was eight o’clock the next morning; I was awoken by one of mum’s workers, as she refers to maid. I always thought “maid” was quite a derogative though so I always just referred to them as workers. This new worker was new, I’d never met her before which didn’t really surprise me; if you did one thing wrong you were booted out. There were only some who I can remember from a young age.