Chapter Three

Don't forget to click the star !
Sorry for any mistakes.

Continued...

Mikah sat at the table watching Mai devour the homemade hot wings.

"What" she asked licking off her fingers.

"Nothin" he shook his head going to take a wing but got slapped on the hand.

"Have a chip, not a wing" she pointed her outgrown acrylic nail at him.

He sucked his teeth rolled his eyes and pulled it.

"Wait nigga damnnnn" she tried to pull out of his grip, but he was strong.

"What you doing now, since you back here for yuh last year." She asked after he loosened his grip.

If they were gonna be in the same room might as well make conversation.

"Well, im heading into the city tomorrow to go to some galleries that gave me some offers, see if i like em, get some of my work out there...you know?" He responded

"Oh shit, that's what's up. Congrats onnat." She held her hand out for a dap but he just looked at her with a blank look.

"You such a nigga bro." He shook his head at her.

"Keep shakin that big ass empty fuckin ball on yo head an it gon pop right muthafuckin off." She laughed at her own joke.

"You were barely talkin in the car, now you just not gon shut up huh ?" He mugged her.

"I got my food. I'm fucking happy." She nod her head.

"Obviously." He rolled his eyes.

"How are you though, you know, school an shit." He asked her

"School is cool, i really don't need to do this last year, but i want more credits, and i wanna be with granny for some more time, so that's that, i work at the salon for now, that's been okay i guess" She shrugged

" that's good mai mai I gotta go see granny and the rest, how they doin?" He asked

"They're good, granny getting older but swear she still young, uncle and de rest  good, they just livin life." She told him

"When was the last time you went to see the rest of your family." He asked.

She had family in Barbados, not close family, but her grandmother and mother were from there and believed that she needed to know her family and have a connection. So every summer or winter they went down to visit, but over the years as granny got older, the visits slowed down, but she always made sure to check up with them.

"Uhhh it's july now, sooo December which was seven months ago, why ?" She asked

"Nah because i can hear the accent when you speak." He laughed.

"Ohhh, i ain know dat it does-" she stopped mid sentence

"I see what you mean now" She nodded and went to get up to put her dishes in the sink.

She pointed to his cup "you done?"

"Yeah" he told her and she took the cup and plate to the sink getting ready to wash them.

While she was washing he came up next to her and leaned against the countertop going on his phone.

"What you doin tomorrow ?" He asked her looking up from the phone.

"Uhhh, i mean nothing, probably just staying in the house, bring granny ova hea to see Mama, why" She shrugged

"What time you coming over"

"We usually come around twelve...why" she asked him again side eyeing him.

"You wanna go to the city wit me ?" he asked her looking at her like he really didn't want to go by himself.

"Take Jamal." She turned the pipe off and grabbed a tissue wiping off her hands.

"That nigga do too much." He rolled his eyes making her laugh.

She shrugged "okay i guess."

"thank you." He dapped her up

"Ima go sleep now." She ran up the stairs going into Gina's room.

"Hey" she jumped onto the bed.

"Yes child ?" she straight faced the girl.

"Nothing, ima take a nap in here since Mikah back in his room." She told her getting comfortable.

"Okay baby, i just got off the phone with your grandmother, im sending him with you." She told Mai

The girl rolled her eyes although they were closed and huffed.

"Huff and puff all you want, you know damn well that boy was gonna end up walkin with you too." Gina told Mai scrolling through her instagram.

"mmhm yes ma'am." Mai mumbled dozing off.

**
45 minutes later

"Aye." Mikah poked Mai, she didn't budge, so he poked her again, and again...and again until he just slapped her across her neck and she jumped up.

"Yeah nigga that's what I thought, cmon and get up, i gotta walk you home." He told her walking out of Gina's room.

"Man whatever." Mai mumbled getting ready to go back to sleep but Mikah walked in throwing one of the pillows at her causing her pick one up and throw it at his head.

"It ain hurt, cmon for real girl, let's go." He walked out again.

**

10 minutes later they were walking to Mai's house.

"You still downstairs or you finally decided to go up." He asked her walking along side her.

"Im upstairs now, by myself." She looked to make sure nothing was coming to cross the road.

Mikah was about to respond but was cut off by Demari.

"Mai mama, whea you been." He blew the smoke out through his nose.

She fanned it away "out and about." She said getting ready to walk off but he noticed Mikah standing next to her and reached out to greet him.

"Ain see you out hea in a minute, how you been man." Demari sat back on his step.

"I been good, you seem to be good, we all good." He said chucking a head nod at Demari while pulling Mai along to walk faster.

**

Five minutes later they had reached Darline's doorstep.

She unlocked the door walking in.

"GRANNY I GET BACK, SOMEBODY HERE WID ME TOO." Mai shouted undoing her shoes.

"I COMING." Darline shouted back.

Two seconds later they heard shuffling and a gasp.

"Oh lord boy, suh long i ain see yuh." She reached out to hug the 6'3 boy and he bent down to return the hug.

"Hey granny" he smiled at her.

"Come an sit nuh, talk tuh muh do" she pulled out the chair with him following her actions and Mai shaking her head and sighing at the two.

It was gonna be a fairly long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi babe 🙂

Hope yall staying safe 😚

I also hope that you enjoyed this chapter and are doing well 😘

Bye now, DON FORGET TO VOTE 🕺🏾

Big kith 😚