Chapter Thirty-Eight

click the star!
*sorry for any mistakes*
don't be afraid to comment!

Before you read, there is a small scene with them in the funeral home, so if you are not comfortable with that you can skip it, i'll put a warning or something of the sort.
____________________________

Saturday

"ppssttt sweetboy " Maia laughed at Mikah's face, he looked terrified. He had been getting cat called everytime they went out, poor thing didn't know how to react.

They were walking out of the gas station store. "Here" she handed the plastic bag to him.

"You need to just keep walking bubba." She walked ahead of him, but he wasn't listening, he was wearing a jeans that made her bottom look good.

Maia stopped walking making him bump into her. He held onto her waist.

She grabbed his hand crossing the street "stop looking at my ass" she mumbled walking back into the restaurant that they were all at.

"Here" Maia handed the bag that contained two packs of chewing gum and extra masks to Jamal.

They were eating at a local restaurant then later in the evening Lisa, Maia, Gina, and Mikah were going to the funeral home.

The funeral was planned to be the Wednesday the following week, then the rest would stay for another week or two, they were still open to extending their stay.

"did y'all order?" Maia asked sitting in between Mikah and Lisa.

"Nah not yet, she like she went tuh de bathroom, and de oda two stanin up like dem ain know what todo" Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Aunty you want me to go and get her ?" Maia asked.

Lisa waved her off "yes please"

Lillian laughed as Mai got up and walked to the counter, "hi there, my family and i are ready to order."

"oh yeah fuh sure, i'll be right with you" the worker said, Maia turned to go back to her seat.

She rolled her eyes.

As she sat down the lady came with her notepad.

"what can i get you guys ?"

Lisa sucked her teeth making the rest of the table laugh.

**
Three hours later

"You always napping b" Maia shook Jamal who fell asleep on the couch watching Spongebob.

He stretched "jet lag."

"We been down here fuh bout almost a week, an you ain get over jet lag yet ? please." Mai rolled her eyes.

"I'm hungry" He yawned.

"Negro we just had a pretty hefty meal and some dessert after, go drink some water."

"ima go get juice just because you told me to get water" He got up and walked to the kitchen.

Her phone rang, it was Leanna.

"Hello?" She got up from the couch to walk upstairs.

"Hey Mai"

"What's up." Maia shut the bedroom door.

"My flight is Sunday night, im supposed to get there Monday early morning, and they said once i go in with a negative test i should be cleared by later Monday or early Tuesday." Anna answered.