Chapter Fourteen

Sorry for any mistakes!
Click the star
Don't be afraid to comment!

Two days later

Sunday Evening

5:16pm

"The sweetest thing I've ever known
Was like the kiss on the collarbone
The soft caress of happiness
The way you walk, your style of dress
I wish I didn't get so weak
Oooh, baby, just to hear you speak
Makes me argue just to see
How much you're in love with me"

Mai was laying in her bed with the diffuser going letting out lavender scented vapor and led lights sat on blue, she was the only one upstairs since Darline and Lillian went out.

She seriously did want to talk to Mikah, even if it was just to apologize and get their friendship back, she was just okay with that.

"I get mad when you walk away..don't walk away..
So I tell you leave, when I mean stay
Warm as the sun dipped in black
Fingertips on the small of my back
More valuable than all I own
Like your precious, precious, precious, precious, precious, baby, dark skin tone"

She hummed long to the lyrics that played from her jbl.

There was a knock at the door, nobody ever knocks at the door, everybody had a key, the only ones that knocked were Jamari and Ezekiel, even Kameron had a key.

She knew that the boys wouldn't be there today because they were planning on hanging out the Friday coming since they hadn't gotten together in a while.

She walked to the front getting ready to open it when her phone went off, she clicked on Mikah's name, they hadn't talked since the two days before when they spent the evening by Darline.

***

Mikah

Come open the door.

That's you banging on my fuckhole
door like you ain got sense ?

Who else can it be Maia ?

Okay MIKAH, say please ,
don be unmannerly.

Mai, may you please
come and open the door..

Put a question mark at the end,
that was a statement.

You hell.

You want the door open or not ? 😐

Mai...may you please come
and open the door ?

Uhuh.
Read 5:21pm
***

She swung the door open to be met with the chilly air.

"Boy come in nuh, outside chilly tonight, letting out all my hot air." She fussed.

" what kind of hostess are you ?" He stepped in, taking off the white high top air forces.

"Where you went all dress up so ?" Mai asked him when they got into the kitchen, he looked good, real good.

"I had to stop by the gallery." He told her sitting down.

"Ah okay, the girls and i were planning on going there Saturday, Lillian wanted to go to the exhibition and i just wanna go look since i never been there wit yo work in it..and stuff" She said reaching for two cups.