Chapter Eleven

Click the star !
Sorry for any mistakes.

(I added in some dialect this chapter, i tried to make it as understandable as possible, im sorry if you don't, I tried my best )

Two weeks later.

Sunday morning.

Mai sat on the couch scrolling through her phone with Barbie Life in a Dream house playing in the background when she saw her cousin from Barbados texted her.

***

Lillian🇧🇧❤️

Yeow

Yes ma'am

How you

I good, just here..bout you ?

I good fn, wanted you to know that i was thinking about visiting, and wanted to ask if your room still open ?

Girl yes ofc, in here does be too quiet. When you thinking bout coming ?

Three weeks to a month, wan scout out some stuff.

Dah ain a problem, how long ?

Mannn, bout a month or less but a month the month most.

I have no problem with that love, just keep me posted bout it.

Yeah fs fs fs, i gine shout you lata, thanks again.

Np fs.

***

Mai was excited, she really didn't have a problem with Lillian, she was one of the only people that she could stand from that side of the family. Darline was her mother's mother, and she was glad that she was able to learn just a little bit about her and where she came from.

Darline was at church and Gina too, she came back from the hospital Friday, which was two days ago. She couldn't hang out with Leanna nor Jamal because they were spending the day with each other, and she didn't hang out with the boys like that unless she was with Jamal, and as for Mikah, she had been avoiding him for the past two weeks.

She knew what she told Gina at the hospital was very inaccurate.

"You know how it is...i jus been spending time with him, probably why i feel this way, so yes, it's nothing." Mai nodded putting the spoon in her mouth.

That was a lie.

Mai knew very well that she had feelings for him, and she was scared.

One, because she never liked a boy in that way before.

Two, she had a feeling she wasn't going to be able to control herself around him.

She turned off the tv and got up off of the couch. She had nothing todo.

School started soon, she had one more week left on summer vacation, and she was ready to get the school year over with already. She had plans that she was ready to go through with all like now.

She made her mind up that if she was able to stay there in New York and do what she wanted todo, she would do that.

When she was younger she always to leave the state or even country, but as time passed and she and Darline got older, the plans she had to leave faded.