Chapter Thirty-Five

fiction...this book is fiction.
**************************************
click the star!
*sorry for any mistakes*
don't be afraid to comment!

Two weeks later

"Good morning" Maia smiled at Mikah as he walked through the house.

"Hey" Mikah hummed rubbing his eye.

"What you doin ?" He sat next to her on the couch.

"I just got off the phone with my aunt, tryna get all the arrangements together, Granny got there yesterday, so i gotta book my flight."

Darline always said she wanted to be "buried in her soil" so that was what they were going todo.

"When are you leavin?" He asked leaning in her.

"you a big baby..uh, think bout next week, you know when yall leaving ?" She placed the laptop on the coffee table and leaned back so Mikah would be more comfortable.

"Knowing ma she probably gonna tell everybody to make sure we all leave on the same day if not same flight..."

Mai nodded "you right."

"i love you" Mikah kissed her cheek.

"hm ?"

"i.love.you"

She nodded "i know, who wouldn't"

"idiot, you ready to go back ?"

"i guess yeah, i just wish it wasn't under these circumstances."

Mikah nodded "i know."
"Lilly with Maree ?" 

Maia nodded "She been over there a lot, my poor baby" Mai pouted.

"She been okay ?" Mikah asked.

"she's getting there you know ? it'll take time, but she's getting there."

"How are you doing Maia?" Mikah asked turing to face her as she did the same.

She nodded " im good, i am not there yet, but im good right now."

"yeah ?"

"yeah, i need to get up and take a shower okay ? ill be out in thirty minutes the most" Maia hopped up and pecked his lips.

**
Maia turned the shower water on to heat up while she took off her clothes.

She analyzed her body in the mirror, turing to each side she looked at every stretch mark, dip, mole.

"Hm" her head tilted as she spotted an ab line.

Shaking her head and got into the shower, she stepped under the shower and let the water run through her texturized hair.

Her natural hair was a hassle to deal with, so she put chemical in it, eventually she would go back natural, but at this point in her life, she was going to keep it the way it was.

"From the very first time I blessed my eyes on you, girl, my heart says follow through" She had been singing and playing Bob for the past two weeks, Darline loved Bob. A single tear made its way down her face, she quickly wiped it away.

Mai sighed adding shampoo to her hand, the bathroom door opened.

Mai showering and Mikah using the bathroom or vise versa wasn't odd, they did it all the time.

But showering together, that was something that was never done, so Mikah opening the shower door was something that shocked her.

He stepped into the shower maintaining eye contact with Maia, he had no intention to be sexual.