Finding the mirror of Erised.

-(y/n) POV-

Harry let me into the Gryffindor commonroom after he knew everyone was going to bed. He came down with a cloak. We both slipped under it and began to head to the library. When we got there we went to the restriction section. I opened up the gate while Harry held the lantern. We head to a shelf and looked at the books. Harry was muttering to himself. We stopped at a book. We placed the cloak down and the lantern on top of it. He reached for the book and opened it, but sadly it let out a loud scream. I grabbed the book putting it back on the shelf. We then heard filtch coming. Harry grabbed the cloak making the lantern fall to the ground. We both got under and began to walk out of the library. 

Filtch: Who is there show your self.

We slowly and silently walked right pass him when he said you can't hide. We made it out, but sadly Mrs. Norris walked out and started to come at us. We both began to back away, but we stopped at a turn when Professor Snape slammed Quirll into a wall. 

Quirll: Severus I...i...i...

Severus: you don't want me as an enemy Quirll. 

Quirll: I don't know what you mean. 

Severus: you know exactly what I mean. 

I had to cover Harry's mouth when SNape turned to us. Snape slowly reached to us, but we backed away in time before he grabbed the cloak. Snape went back to looking at Quirll. 

Severus: we will have a little talk again soon. When you know where your loyalty lies. 

Filtch then came around the corner with our broken latern. 

Filtch: ah professors I found this in the restriction section. It's still hot. That means there is a student out of bed. 

When Harry and I got to the door down the hallway Snape and Quirll was in we opened it right when the professors and filtch went the other way. When the door shut Harry and I got out from under the cloak. I looked around and saw a mirror. It said on top it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. Hmmm I wounder what that would mean. Harry walked up to the mirror while I was walking behind him. He let out a gasp. I walked right next to him and looked into the mirror. There behind both of us is a man and women. Oh wow I look just like the woman.The woman was on Harry's Left while the man was on our right.  

Harry: (y/n) are you seeing this. 

I just nodded my head. When Harry said mom the woman nods her head with a smile. When I sad dad and looked at the male he nodded his head with a smile. Harry and I both placed one of our hands to the mirror. Mom looked sad. In the mirror mom and dad placed a hand on our shoulders, but when we went to see if it was real it wasn't. Harry and I smiled which made the woman smile as well. Harry then back up and ran to the door grabbing the cloak on his way out. Telling me he is going to get Ron. I sighed and looked back at the mirror to look at my parents. Wow I look like my mom. I then began to talk to the mirror. Which helped a bit. 

(y/n): I'm in Slytherin just like my aunt lizzie. She has a picture of both of you on her classroom desk. Oh dad might like this, but I have a tiny crush on this boy. He is a Malfoy, but really he is kind and sweet. Even if my brother and our friends Hermione and Ron hates him. 

Right when I was about to talk again the door opened up and slammed shut. From under the cloak came Ron and Harry. 

Harry: you have to come see this. 

I backed away so Ron can look in the mirror. He might not see our parents though cause this will only show what our deepest desires are. When Ron got stepped in front of the mirror he gasped. Harry was gonna tell him that it was our mom and dad, but was cut off. 

Ron: it's me and I'm head boy and I'm quidditch captain too. Harry (y/n). Do you think this mirror shows the future?

Harry: how could it both our parents are dead. 

- time skip to a couple of nights later still (y/n) POV-

Harry and I were sitting in front of the mirror again just like we have for a couple of nights now. We then both heard a voice behind us. 

?????: back again you two?

We both turned and there was both Aunt Lizzie and Professor Dumbledor. Aunt Lizzie looked a bit sad. 

DumbIedor: I see that you two like so many before you have seen the delight of the power of the mirror of erised.  I trust both you guys now know what it does I will give you guys a hint. The happiest man in the world will look into this mirror and only see him self as just the way he is. 

Harry: so it shows us what we want what ever we want?

Lizzie: yes and no. 

(y/n): it shows us what we deeply and truly desire right Professor Dumbledor?

Professor Dumbledor nods his head. Aunt Lizzie walked up to us and looked into the mirror with a smile, but a sad one at that. 

Lizzie: for you two you guys never met your parents so when you look into this mirror you see them standing beside you. 

Dumbledor: you see you two this mirror can give us knowledge or truth. men have waisted their time on it even gone mad. That means tomorrow it will be moved to it's new home and I must warn you two to not go looking for it again it does not do to dwell on dreams. 

Professor Dumbledor began to leave. I look to my aunt and tapped her on her arm. She looked at me and I saw a tear go down her face. 

Lizzie: come you two let's get you guys to your dorms. 

I nodded my head. Aunt Lizzie picked up the cloak and we began to head to the Gryffindor tower first. 

(y/n): what did you see in the mirror Aunt Lizzie?

Aunt Lizzie sighed as both Harry and I looked at her. 

Lizzie: I saw both your parents and your grandparents beside me. Plus two men I missed so deeply. As Dumbledor said it is not good to dwell on dreams. Now Harry off to bed I will see you in the morning. 

Aunt Lizzie kissed Harry on the head and handed him the cloak back. Then both her and I headed to the Slytherin Commonroom. 

(y/n): Aunt Lizzie?

Lizzie: yes dear?

(y/n): have you ever had a crush on someone, but the person is hated by your brother and two of your friends?

Lizzie: I did on two males back when I was in Hogwarts.

(y/n): what did you do?

Lizzie: followed my heart. Harry and your friends may not like it, but do what ever makes you happy. Do not let others make your life choices for you okay my dear. Now off to bed we are at the Slytherin Common room. 

I looked up and we were. I wished my Aunt a goodnight after she kissed the top of my head. When I walked in I saw Draco laying on one of the couches with a book on his chest. I walked over to him and placed a book mark in his spot in the book. I placed the book on the coffee table and looked back at him. Maybe what my aunt said maybe be better. I yawned and shook Draco awake. 

Draco: oh you're back. Sorry I fell asleep.

(y/n): it is fine. go to bed Draco it is late. 

Draco sat up and nodded his head. He grabbed his book when he got up and kissed my forehead muttering a goodnight before heading off to bed. When he left I was blushing a bit. I then went off to bed as well. This year is getting weirder everyday.