Everyone's deserves a second chance

Harry felt himself in a fog. It was like when you know your dreaming but can't wake up... A prisoner to your own body.

He suddenly heard voices, voices he knew and were fond of.

"It's pathetic Moine. He's dead so what?! It's not like he's not use to it! Why should we be the ones here with Harry" Came Ron's voice.

Harry was surprised but at the same time since the Goblet of fire he could sense some sort of bitterness. Harry tried to force himself to sit up or even
open his eyes. To tell them they didn'thave to stay if they didn't want to but his body was too exhaused.

"Honestly Ronald, you shouldn't say stuff like that outloud you are his bestfriend!" Came Hermiones voice next.

"Not by choice" Ron grumbled.

Harry heard a light creak feeling the bed dip as Ron sat on the corner.

"Honestly Mione noones here and Mr boy who lived is knocked out once again. You know he claims to want to be normal but EVERY year he does something to get all the attention and you know it! Look at last year and the Triwizard Tournament" Ron continued.

Hermione sighed.

"Yeah I know Ron but remember Dumbledore wants us by his side. If we stay and make sure he stays on this path... A pig to the slaughter we'll be set for life" she stated Harry hearing her voice get closer.

Harry suddenly felt a light tracing of his scar then more pressure, suddenly pain.

"I honestly thought he who shall not be named would have ended him. It'd be nice to be the most powerful witch. Some of us unlike Harry have to work
hard" she muttered before pulling her hand back.

Harry felt something damp on his forehead. He didn't want to hear this. He had never realized his friends well didn't like him.

He never wanted his parents dead.

He never wanted his God father gone.

And now he didn't want to live.

He felt the bed rise as Ron got up.

"Come on Moine let's atleast get some food while we're here waiting on boy wonder"

A few seconds later Harry heard thedoor open and close. It was almost as if the shutting of the door released control back to his body. Harry sat up touching his forhead. He brought his hand back down seeing blood. He wiped it off looking around. He was in the school infirmary.

Harry slowly kicked his legs to the side of the bed standing. He wiggled before hearing another door open.

Madam pompey walked inside with a clipboard guiding a student to a bed.

She looked up "Oh no no no Mr. Potter you are not sneaking out if here!" She stated rushing over laying him back down. "You have a few bruised ribs and Severus will be bringing up the potions" she stated "So please don't make you make you stay" she stated.

Harry sighed but nodded knowing madam Pomfrey was one of the few people that cared about well everyone.

"Okay" he responded his voice horse from yelling.

She rose an eyebrow before holding up some water. Harry took it

"Thank you" he took a sip not realizing how thirsty he was. Harry looked back at madam pompey.

"Do you think I could be left alone until professor Snape comes? I don't really feel up to seeing Ron or Hermione" he stated looking down pulling at a loose string on his covers.

Madam Pomfrey nodded "Of course the wants and needs of my patients come first" she muttered a spell pulling the curtains around Harry. "If you need anything let me know hun" she called before moving onto another student.

Harry laid his head back on his pillow. At first he wanted to cry but now he wanted to scream. A few tears slipped down Harrys cheeks before he could stop them. He wiped his face hands turning into fists.

"I'm tired of this... Of losing" he muttered running his hand through his hair.

He heard the door open. A few moments later Snape pulled the curtain back holding his usual grimance.

"Pott-" he began before seeing Harry wiping his eyes.

Harry internally groaned

"Sorry professor" he stated.

Snape nodded easily seeing lily infront of him the day he has accidentally called her a mudblood. The hurt in his eyes, lily's eyes brought him back.

Snape took a step forward.

"D-Dont apologize. This potion will help with your ribs" he stated.

Harry nodded as he sat up. "Think it'll help with broken feelings?" He asked taking it downing the whole thing.

Snape shook his head. Seeing a vulnerable kid.

"Sadly not" he stated.

Harry nodded "Figured as much. Sirius is dead and I wish I had another chance to not end up like this" in response to Snape.

Severus nodded. "Come with me" he stated.

Harry hesitated before rising.

Harry followed Snape out and down to the potions lab. Snape closed the door walking to his desk. Snape opened a cabinet.

"Have a seat. I think its time you knew about me and your mother" he stated.

Harry sat the dungeons quiet but for the first time peaceful.

Severus pulled a box out. "Lily and I were bestfriends growing up. Your father well he wasn't kind to me. Similar to how I assume Weasley was to you tonight. I could see the look on your face."

Snape sat the box down infront of him.

"When she died....I promised her to protect you."

Harry listened silently. "How come theres no pictures of you and her?" He asked.

Severus took a breath.

"Halfway through a semester I said something to this day I wish I could go back and change.." he said. Harry could see the sadness in his eyes as he slide the box towards Harry.

"Noone deserves to be betrayed by their friends and EVERYONE deserves a second chance. Open it"

Harry slowly opened the box pulling out a photo of two kids.

Harry looked at the closely. A girl with bright hair smiling and waving beside a pale black haired kid who looked like he was holding back a smile.

"Thats your mother and I" Snape stated. "One of the few that I have."

Harry then pulled out a silver timeturner.

Severus continued "And thats your second chance. You can try again. Make your live better, but don't trust Dumbledore this time around"

Harry nodded looking at the time turner the Severus. "Thank you" he muttered his hands slowly turning to September 1, 1991 as he slid it over his head time rewinding.