Chapter 35: Let sleeping dogs lie

Heres Chapter 35! Let me know what you guys think! 

And again Don't forget to *

_________________________________________________________

Harry silently stood in front of the mirror.

He looked more like when was in the last timeline. He wore his black funeral robes. He was far too skinny he looked closer before pausing. He could see bruising on his neck.

Had he done that or had the dream...

Harry shook his head. He needed to focus. He had to be presentable. Part of him was surprised his fathers were letting him attend even though he was just in the infirmary. Severus had to have been the one to okay it but why...

"If your thoughts were any louder I'm sure all your classmates would hear them."

Harry looked behind him in the mirror as Tom walked in.

"Do you want to tell me what happened last night? I convinced your father it was an expected nightmare however nightmares don't leave bruises." Tom stated.

Harry felt a light breeze as Tom cast an illusion spell.

"I can tell you both," Harry stated.

Tom nodded "Then it may have to wait. Severus is making sure everyone who wants to go to the viewing is accounted for."

Harry felt a pain in his chest but this time it was emotional. A sad laugh escaped his lips

"And here I thought when he said he'd go to the funeral it would be with me. Not as a fucking school field trip." Harry sat He felt the bed dip beside him.

"Hey."

Harry shook his head.

"I'm not cutting him any slack Tom so don't ask. Their his students. I'm his SON or maybe I am just another student." Harry muttered.

"You've got me, don't you? He's making sure the kids and your friends have a safe path there with James. He will be coming back to us and we will be attending the funeral as a family okay?"

Harry nodded.

"I just think you and I have a different definition of family than he does Dad," Harry muttered before taking a breath.

"Tell me more about this dream"

Tom listened intently to the story.

...

Moments later Harry watched Tom lean back digesting Harry's dream.

"We will definitely need to inform Sev and tell Fabian. I could see the bruises. It's entirely likely that you could have accidentally done it to yourself, but just to be safe." Tom stated looking closer at Harry.

Tom stood as the door opened. Severus walked in wearing black robes identical to Tom's. Harry watched Tom walk over talking quietly to Sev who nodded before looking at Harry.

Harry could see the bags under Sevs eyes but still, it wasn't fair.

"You ready? The rest of the school will be going in about 30 minutes. This way you can give him a proper goodbye."

Harry nodded rising.

"Yeah. I'm ready."

...

Harry was matter a fact not ready.

He stood in between Tom and Sev. He had entered the room and it felt all too real. The walls were decorated in green and Live Photos of Eli either flying or with his family.