Stranded in the Gardens

Now I'm stuck. Nobody will help me now. Brighton left me. Probably to go make out with Rhode... Would Rhode do that? I... I doubt that.
Brighton just had to leave me stuck in the maze. Maybe it'll be like the Maze Runner and I get sent everything I need once a month. Maybe even some new people. I hope I don't get Cordelia.
Maybe I should try to escape...... Nah. My family always told me that if you were lost then you had to stay where you are.
Oh no. Do I have enough resources for a campfire? Am I going to miss dinner? From the sun I can tell that it's a little after 5:45.
"Marco!" I yell. Don't judge me. It worked once before.
But this time there is no response.
"I swear, Brighton.... The next time I see you..." I mumble to myself.
Then I go straight into survival mode. This place is huge! It could take days to get me out of here!
There's a few sticks over to my right. I could make a fire? A signal? What am I thinking? A guard will figure out I'm missing soon. Right?
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Or maybe not. What are they thinking? Judging by the sky, I know it's well after eight. I haven't eaten dinner. I've taken a nap already, tried to start a fire, and just plain yelled. Nothing worked.
I hear crunching leaves and giggling.
"Oh, Prince Rhode! You're too funny." I hear Cordelia giggle.
I forgot that they had a date! Perfect! Rhode can help me.
"Thanks..." He says. I remember that he didn't actually want this date, so I don't really feel bad ruining it by being rescued.
"Help!" I shout.
"What was that?" Rhode asks Cordelia.
"I'm kinda lost!" I yell again.
"Just ignore her. She isn't really lost. She just wants attention!" Cordelia argues as I hear Rhode getting closer.
"Shut up." He says and both Cordelia and I gasp. "I...I didn't mean that." He struggles. "But she wasn't at dinner. Don't you think she's lost?"
"How can she be lost? This palace isn't even that big." She argues.
"Just go back to your room." He says and shoos her away.
Reluctantly, she leaves.
Somehow he finds me in record time and bursts into laughter when he sees my condition, a failed fire pit right next to me.
"How did you do this?"
"I... I'm just really good at spontaneously hiding?" I say, almost like a question.
"Just come with me. I'll get you back."
"How do you know your way around here?" I ask.
He starts walking. "I've been playing hide and seek in here my whole life. I know my way around the castle."
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
"Thanks again." I say, opening the door to my room.
"No problem." He says, then pauses. "How did you really get stuck there?"
"Umm... I turned to leave and got lost. I saw Brighton, but she didn't help."
He turns to leave. "I'm going to go talk to her."
I grab his wrist. "No. I want to talk to her first. But I'll wait until tomorrow. I need to get food first."
"Would you care to accompany me to the dining room?" He asks, holding out his arm.
I link my arm through his. "It would be my honor." I say, and we walk off.

Okay. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a week! I've been really sick and when I got better I had rehearsal. But I would like to say thanks so much for 12K views. I remember way back on the 23rd of December, I reached 1K and I was so excited! I really want to thank yabookaddiction for being there since the beginning. I really loved her book so I commented on her story, saying that she was my inspiration for my book, really hoping she would get my hint that I wanted her to read mine. She's been there the whole time for me, so if you haven't read her story, I would highly recommend it!
I love you all so much! Thanks again!