Rhode's Surprise

I woke up to my maids bustling around me, making quite a bit of noise.
"Miss, good thing you're awake. You overslept and you're leaving today. That would leave a horrible impression."
I turn over in my bed and tiredly smile at them. "I'm not leaving."
They all sigh happily at the good news. "Thank goodness. We would've missed you so much. But we still have to hurry."
I slip out of bed. "Doesn't this happen pretty much every day?" I ask with a yawn.
"Every day since the day you got here two months ago."
"It's already been two months and there's still fifteen people left? He only sent about half the people home so far."
"He's just waiting to make sure his decision is the right one." They assure me as my makeup is done and my dress is slipped on. I'm sent in my way to the dining room.
On my way there, I meet up with Prince Rhode.
"Good morning, Cass." He says.
"Morning, Rhode." I answer, then cut to the chase. "What's the surprise?" I ask impatiently.
"Patience, my dear."
I roll my eyes at his comment and we enter into the dining room together. Once we get in, we go our separate ways, me on one side of the table and him on the other. Girls give me looks of jealousy, but try to hide it as soon as Rhode looks their way.
I sit down, but Rhode stands behind his chair. "Ladies, we have a special surprise before breakfast for all of you, so if you would please follow me..." He trails off and everybody stands up and follows him out of the dining room.
Rhode leads us to the hallway from where we can see the great doors to the palace. I shoot a questioning glance towards Brighton, wondering what is going on.
With a small smile, but still keeping an air of authority, Rhode does a small hand signal and the doors open.
My eyes widen as I witness the families of fifteen girls walk through the doors. I push past some of the other Selected as I run towards Umben, Amphora, and my father. I don't stop to ponder if whether or not I would get scolded for this. I just run.
I collide into them with outstretched arms and we join in a group hug. I'm crying tears of happiness as we sink to the ground from none of us being able to bear the weight of each other.
I suspect that we are the only family that is a complete wreck, sobbing with giant grins on our faces, but I don't care. I'm just happy that I am reunited with my family once more.
I slowly pull my head away from our circle of connected foreheads and look at them for the first time since two months ago.
Umben has grown taller and so has Amphora. Amphora seems to have put on a little weight, but just the right amount since she was so skinny before.
Dad has grown a small beard.
"I missed you all." I finally say, wiping away a few stray tears.
They all smile. "I've missed you too." My dad responds.
Just then a feel a small tap on my shoulder. I look up to see Prince Rhode standing over me with a smile on his face.
"Good morning Mr. Beckers. Umben, Amphora."
"Mornin' Prince Rhode." My father days, getting up to shake his hand.
"Just call me Rhode, Sir." Rhode says, shaking my dad's hand.
I get up with Umben and Amphora, pulling them close to me. After Rhode is done shaking my dad's hand, he turns to Amphora.
"Miss Amphora, hello." He says, sticking out his hand. Amphora gladly shakes his hand, smiling happily.
"Pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty." She says excitedly.
Rhode sighs with fake annoyance. "Just Rhode, please."
Amphora beams at this. Rhode turns towards Umben. "Hello Sir." He says, sticking out his hand.
Umben laughs and instead of shaking his hand, Umben hugs Rhode. "Hello Rhode." He says, but his voice comes out muffled because it is hurried in Rhode's jacket.
Rhode looks down at Umben and then back up at me, gleaming. His eyes shine. When Umben lets go, Rhode turns toward me.
Before he says anything, I quietly say, "Thank you." Then I add, "for everything."
He nods his head in understanding and kisses me quickly on the cheek and says, "I'll be back soon, I must make an announcement."
I nod and watch him walk away. Amphora smiles. "You love him, don't you?"
I'm caught so off guard by her question that I stutter out a response. "I-I- I don't think so. Not yet, I think." Amphora just laughs as Rhode's announcement starts.
"Hello, everyone. Selected. Families. I'm happy to have you all here today, though your stay here will be short. Tomorrow is the first Royal Party that the Selected have planned and they need to be their very best. You will be able to stay until 8:00 tonight and then we will have you go back to your Provinces. Thank you for being here today." He says. As people are clapping, he looks toward Queen Lilliana and King Branson. They just nod once.
King Branson gets up to give a quick announcement. "You all may join us for breakfast in the dining room."
They Royal Family starts to head for the dining room. While they are leaving, Rhode quickly looks back at everybody and his eyes lock with mine for a few seconds. He turns back around and walks away with his family.
I hear a laugh sound in my ear. It's Umben. "You loooooove him. You're staring!" I blush fiercely, take his hand, and start walking with the rest of my family to the dining room.

HAHAHA wow. I haven't updated in about... Forever. Whoops? Sorry 'bout that. I've been loving all the comments, though. You have no idea how many times I screenshot it on my phone and read through them to make me feel good.
Love ya long time!
-KatnissMellark_