Before The Report

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!!!! Today is the day! You could be a Selected in less than a day! What are you doing just lying around?" I wake up to Umben yelling in my ear.
"Well I would be a horrible Selected if I was deaf in one ear" I respond back sarcastically with a grimace on my face.
"Then you should get up. Then I wouldn't have to yell at you." he responds back with a smug look.
I shakily stand up from my small bed. "There. Fine. I'm up." I lay back down. "And now I'm down again. Happy?"
That's when I notice Amphora behind him, shaking her head. "Come on, we have a day planned to get your mind off of the Selection. We still have to wait six more hours until they announce the Selected."
That's when I notice what time it is.
"You woke me up at 6:00 a.m. just to 'get my mind off of the Selection'? I wasn't even awake, so how could I think about it?" I shoot back, rolling my eyes.
"Just get up and get dressed. We're going somewhere an hour." Amph responds back, walking out of the room.
Before Umben follows her, he turns back to me and smiles. "Trust me, you'll have fun and thank us later." Then he walks out of the room.
I groan as I get up out of my bed. "Too early," I mumble to myself before starting to get ready.

......................................................................................
Forty minutes later, I've pulled on a periwinkle shirt over my light blue, almost white, jeans.
"Okay, I'm all ready. Where are we going?" I ask, walking out of my room.
"We are going to get...." Amph starts.
"Ice cream!!!!!!" Umben finishes.
"But... Do we even have enough money for that? We don't have a lot of extra. You know that."
"Yes, but it turns out I'm not the only one in this family with w secret stash of money. Umben here has been keeping some money from us." Amph responds.
I turn to Umben. "And you're letting us use some for ice cream?"
Umben smiles. "Anything for a Princess."
................................................
We all walk down to the little ice cream parlor just a few blocks away.
I sit down as Umben and Amphora go up to get the ice cream. Rocky Road for Amphora, Chocolate for Umben, and Strawberry for me.
I choose a little booth in the corner where I can see most of the customers.
Up until now, I didn't notice the three human disco balls sitting with fancy ice cream and fancy, sparkly dresses at the table next to my booth.
I remember them: the annoying girls from the line. I can't get it out of my head...
"I love your diamond dress!"
Now I have to go on hearing:
"Omg!!! I might become the next princess!"
"I cannot wait until tonight. I know I'll get in!!!"
"I already know the Prince loves me!!!"
I sigh. I guess for now I'll try to ignore them. Well, that is, until I hear:
"Isn't it sad that some stupid Waverly Fours think that they could actually get in the Selection? They're just too ugly to function properly, I guess. Good thing I am from Kent and not Waverly. Plus I'm a beautiful Two."
I see them stealing glances at me.
"Well at least I'm not some stuck-up, insensitive snob who goes around thinking she is better than everybody! You may be pretty on the outside, but you are ugly on the inside. You only have fake friends and I feel sorry for you." I say as Umben and Amph come back with the ice cream.
"Come on, let's take this to go." I say and walk out the door, my siblings trying to catch up.
We walk home in silence, each of us silently eating our ice cream.
When we get home, Amph finally talks.
"Thank goodness you stuck up for yourself. I heard the whole thing an I was going to beat them up if you didn't."
I laugh, knowing Amph has the power of a chipmunk.
"Thanks, Amph. You're the best bodyguard ever."
"Shhhhh!!!! The Report is on! They're going to announce the Selected ." Umben shushes us. We all finished our ice cream. Now we can finally see who made it.

Ooooooh, late night update!!! This is how I spend my Friday nights. Perfect. Kidding. Actually, I saw one of my friends in a play, so that's why my update was so late. Plus, I can't wait until tomorrow to update. Have good night.