A Short List of Idiots: Caspian Beckers

This was it. There were many times that I thought I would leave The Selection. From the pranks I pulled with Brighton to the rebel attacks that made me want to leave, there were many times that I thought I was going home. This was definitely it.
Did you hear the tone of his voice?
Yeah, I'm definitely dead.
And the way he said, "Maybe you're right."... You're a goner.
Oh shut up.
I have a fun idea! Let's make a short list of idiots that we know!
Go ahead, what do I have to lose?
A short list of idiots: Caspian Beckers. That is all.
You're an idiot.
Exactly.

I realized that I should probably stop talking to myself and enjoy my stay here. It wasn't going to be very long by the sound of it. Since I've blown it with Rhode... maybe Lachlan will still like me? I could actually think about that. It may be an option
I decide to find him. I think before he said he was going to go play some soccer. Luckily, I know where the field is from before.
I change into some workout leggings and a looser top. If Rhode hates me, why not break the rules? Honestly, it's so much easier with Rhode mad at me. Oh, and tennis shoes. Who can play soccer in heels? I'd like to meet them.
I get a few odd looks from people I pass on my way to the field and quite honestly, I don't care. They can stare all the want. Might as well because I'm leaving. When I get to the field, I slow down, hearing Lachlan's voice.
"So today I'm at a new field. Surprise, I'm in Illéa!" He says with a chuckle. "I was just here for my birthday, but he let me stay to help him with his Selection. And let me tell you..." His voice quiets down. "Some of these girls are pretty cool."
I smile a little, peeking around the edge of the tall bushes that surround the field to see Lachlan talking to a camera. Is he... Vlogging? I read somewhere that people used to do that a lot back when Illéa was America. I think they used YouTube. It's still around today, surprisingly. I guess people just want to watch people do stupid things.
"And today we're doing the crossbar challenge!" He announces. He kicks the ball to a line and gets ready for his kick. I see him run forward and kick the ball, just barely missing the crossbar. The ball goes into the goal.
I laugh, running out of my hiding spot and over to Lachlan. "Gooooooooooal!" I yell, celebrating like I see soccer players do on tv in the palace and sometimes at home.
He turns around and laughs, taking in my outfit. "Too bad that isn't the aim of the game, Cass." He turns back towards the camera with me and says, "Speaking of Selected, this is Caspian. Nobody likes her, especially me." He jokes, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "and she's gonna join me in the Crossbar Challenge!" His voice raised at the name of the challenge and I can't help but giggle.
"Oh, no. I'm terrible at soccer."
"Football." He coughs.
"I'm terrible at football." I say.
"Nonsense, go get the ball. You're up next." I roll my eyes and jog off to get the soccer ball from Lachlan's failed kick.
Lachlan gets close to the camera and lowers his voice, "She's a pain."
"I heard that!" I chuckle, picking up the ball and placing this on the line. "Ready for this?" I ask and he grins. I point right the the camera. "Watch. It's gonna hit the crossbar." I take a few steps back to get a running start. I kick the ball. I'm actually impressed on how close I was to the bar. I turn to see Lachlan keeping in a laugh.
"What? I think I did pretty good." I argue.
"Caspian" he says, letting out the laugh. "It's just rolled across the ground. I thought you were joking at how bad you are."
I sigh. "Nope, I am good. World class talent right here." I point to myself.
We do a few more rounds of kicks each, bantering around with each other. Lachlan hits the crossbar a few times. I actually get the ball off the ground once, which we both celebrate more than Lachlan hitting the bar.
"And that's all for today's video. Hit that like button, subscribe if you're new to the channel, and leave a comment down below and maybe Cass will join my for another video. See you guys later. Bye!"
I turn to Lachlan after he shuts off the camera. "I never knew you did videos."
"Surprise. I have two million subscribers."
"Two million?" I ask, bewildered.
"Yep. I guess a lot of people want to watch the Prince of Australia play football every week."
"That was actually a lot of fun, Lachlan. Thanks for having me be in your video." I say, hugging him quickly.
"No problem." He says and we pull away. "I don't usually have other people on my channel, so a lot of times I'm talking to myself. This much easier. So... Do you want to be in my next video?" He asks, a sparkle in his eyes.
"I'm terrible." I laugh.
"Who cares?" He says.
"What if people don't like me?" I ask.
"They'll love you. For sure. You're adorable."
"Fine. If I'm even still around then." I say, thinking back to my conversation with Rhode.
"What do you mean?" He asks, sitting down on the field and patting next to him, signing me to sit down, which I do.
"I don't think he likes me anymore." I respond vaguely.
"Come on. He loves you." Lachlan responds. "I can tell."
"Well he sure isn't showing it." I grumble.
"He's just protective. Trust me. I haven't seen him like this in a long time."
I lean my head on his shoulder and whisper, "Thanks Lachlan."
He kisses the top of my head and I shut my eyes. "Anytime."