Taken

It's Cordelia in my room. But how? She was taken by the rebels... Or so we thought.
"Wha-What are you doing here, Cordelia? I thought the rebels took you." I say in a small voice, not daring to speak any louder. My eyes flick over to the closed door, then back to Cordelia.
"Oh, right. Yeah, I was. Congrats, Caspian. You're a genius." She says sarcastically.
"I know, aren't I?" I respond back, also sarcastically.
She glares at me, then slaps me. Hard. "What the-" I exclaim, but she interrupts.
"Quiet. Follow me." She demands.
"You just slapped me!" My voice gets louder.
She slaps me again, this time harder. "Be quiet." She growls.
"I'm not going with you." I say defiantly.
"Yeah, sure. Whatever." Cordelia laughs. "Come help, guys?" She asks and two men walk out of my closet.
"What the-" I start the exclaim, but Cordelia cuts me off.
"Quiet or your precise prince goes, too." My eyes widen and all I can do is nod silently.
"Good." She fake smiles. "Boys." She says and nods toward me and that's when I notice what's in their hands. A gun, duct tape, and a sack.
"Get away from me." My voice comes out barely over a whisper. The two men get closer and before I know it my mouth is taped closed and the sack is thrown over my head. I try to struggle, but it only results in a really hard punch to the face. I can feel a bruise start to form around me eye but I can't even yell out.
I feel myself being lifted and it seems as though I am slung around one of the guys's shoulders. My back scrapes the window as I am lifted through it.
Having your sense of sight takes away is terrible. Even more terrible when you're being taken away by your archenemy and two of her cronies.
I'm thrown rather harshly into the seat of a car and they don't even bother trying to put on a seatbelt for me. The car speeds away and before I know it, I'm gone. There's no chance of my going back to the palace. I've been taken.
I try to sleep to make the car ride faster and more bearable, but my mind is full of thoughts. Who exactly are those people with her? They seem so familiar... Where are they taking me?
What seems like an hour later, the car comes to an abrupt halt and I hear the sound of doors opening and closing. I get pulled out of the car and shoved somewhere.
I get tied up to a chair and that's when they finally take the sack off of me. I blink from the sudden burst of light around me, but finally I get my bearings. The tape is ripped from my mouth. At least now I don't have to wax there...
Cordelia is in front of me, along with the two guys from before, one about her age and one old enough to be her father...
Her father!
"That-that's your father." I say, remembering him from the family dinner Rhode hosted... Before he was taken by the rebels. "I thought the rebels took you." I say, turning my attention to Cordelia's dad.
"Oh honey," he says with mock sympathy. "I am the rebels."
It's almost as if I got slapped again.
"You- you can't be. There were so many." I say.
"All my people. I'm just the leader. And someday my dear Cordelia will lead them. And the country." He responds back, all with a terrible toothy smile.
I shake my head, unwilling to let it be true. I turn my attention toward the other man, the one who looks about Cordelia's age. "And you! You were also at the dinner! You're Cordelia's brother." I say.
The man laughs. "Oh, Cordelia, is that what you've been telling people?"
"Of course not. This one has a mind of her own." Cordelia responds.
The young man turns back towards me. "Allow me to properly introduce myself." He says. "My name is Dixon Reed. And I am Cordelia's fiancée."
"But... What about Rhode?" I ask. This must all be a dream. I need to wake up, but I just can't. I can't accept that this is real, though.
"All part of a plan, run by mostly me." She smiles.
"You're so smart." Dixon compliments and they share a kiss, which honestly freaks me out. Rhode doesn't deserve this.
Cordelia's father clears his throat and they pull away from each other. "You already know me. Ether Hail, leader of the rebels." His voice rings with authority that I've only ever heard otherwise from the king and queen.
I can't help but gulp loudly. "Why do you want me?" I ask, my voice hoarse.
"Well, according to my daughter, you've gotten quite close to the prince, is that right?" I nod slightly at Ether's words. "A little bit too close for my daughter to marry him and take over the country. But now that we have you, we have a bargaining tool. You're all that we need to have control is the prince is as infatuated with you as Cordelia says so."
"He wouldn't dare fall for this." I say, putting my entire faith in Rhode.
"Let's see, then." Ether says a little too confidently.
Sorry for the super long wait. There's no excuses. I've just been kinda lazy. But hopefully quicker chapters from here on out! It's amazing how far this story has come and how awesome all you guys are. (The picture in this chapter is referring to all of you, cause you all are just so amazing.)
Hugs, Emma