Broken foot party

I'm still stuck at the little 'hospital' inside of the palace. It's bigger than most of our hospitals back in Waverly.
Those hasn't came back to talk to me. It's been a day. I hope he's just waiting until I can leave. I'm scheduled to leave for today if all goes according to plan. They just wanted to keep me a day to make sure my foot was doing better.
This afternoon I should be walking again (with some help from the boot that they're making me wear) around the palace.
I've become very interested in the other people working and staying in here. I have taken a special liking to a young nurse named Mazie. She reminds me a lot of Amphora. I've gathered that she is 14 and she likes to read.
Mazie visits me every two hours. She brings me snacks like chocolate covered strawberries.
I pretend to be asleep this morning. I can hear Mazie mumbling to another nurse, "yeah. Same thing as Lady Cordelia. And her best friend. Doesn't that sound suspicious?" She places the strawberries next to me on the nightstand.
My best friend?
Same thing as me?
What?
I open my eyes a few minutes later. It's 9:30 a.m. Wow, I really must've slept a lot.
I decide to get up, having a little help from Mazie. "Can I go visit the other people getting treated here? I really want to meet some people." I say, trying not to act suspicious. I really just want to know what she was talking about.
Three rooms later and I haven't seen anything out of the usual. The next room up in, though, I know exactly what Mazie was talking about.
"Brighton?" I ask, trying to rush up to her at her bed. "What happened?"
"Same as you. Cordelia got my foot. I think Prince Rhode wants to know what's happening and stop it before it 'spreads'" she says, joking about the last part.
"Gosh, I guess we are going to be boot buddies?" I joke.
"Ooh. That would be fun." Brighton responds back sarcastically.
I sit down on Brighton's bed here and shoo Mazie away. Even though I like her, I want to be alone with Brighton. "Tell me. How did it happen?"
"Stomped on my foot after breakfast. She doesn't want competition, huh? Anyways, I hobbled my way over here right after it happened. I didn't try to make a big scene."
"Did you tell Prince Rhode?" I ask, hoping that she didn't.
"Nah. But he'll have to know soon."
"Okay, okay. But I'm staying here until they allow you to leave. Then we can shuffle our way out of here with matching boots."
She groans at my attempt to cheer her up. "Those look awful." She says, referring to my boot.
"And I can't even scratch my foot." I say with a sigh.
"I feel so sorry for you." She says sincerely.
"Feel sorry for yourself. You're getting one soon."
She flips her head back down, presumably because she was getting tired from her sitting position. Or because she doesn't want to get a boot. Most likely the second option.
I giggle at her childish manner.
I guess Rhode thought that was the best time to clear his throat, drawing attention to him at the doorframe. My face goes beet red.
"Ladies. Are you now willing to tell me what happened to your feet?"
We both look down to our feet. "Umm..." Brighton starts, but Prince Rhode cuts her off.
"I'm guessing it's not because you dropped one of your heels on your foot."
"Of course not. That's ridiculous." She responds back immediately.
Rhode sends a mini glare my way.
I laugh a little, trying to slide my little embarrassing moment off. "Yeah... Really ridiculous... Where could you possibly get that from?"
I see his demeanor crack a little as he gives a little smile. But, almost as though he doesn't want to like me, he goes back to his glare.
"I don't know. I might've heard it somewhere else before." I lower my head a little in defeat. "Now explain." He says.
"Well..." I start, looking over at Brighton.

Well so sorry for not updating as quickly as I wanted. I've been busy with school starting back up again. And on Saturday I went to go see Newsies!!!! It was really good and now I'm a little obsessed with listening to the songs. I promise I'll update more. I really want to get to the 4K mark, which I am really close to! Thank you all so much!!!