POW!!!

When the movie is done, Brighton turns to me. "Ready to go beat up Rhode?"
I laugh. This is the stupidest joke ever. "Suuuuure Brighton." I say.
We both get up to go find Prince Rhode. I'm assuming we're just going to talk through this whole situation and explain ourselves.
We go up to the third floor, where Prince Rhode's room is. I'm ready to apologize. Though, I'm not quite sure what I'm apologizing for. I'm ready to get past this whole situation.
We stop at the last stair to the third floor and ask permission from a guard to talk to Rhode. The guard goes into Prince Rhode's room and soon walks back out with him.
There's a neutral look on his face. Not anger, but not happiness.
"Prince Rhode, we would like to speak to you." I say, and he just nods. All three of us walk down to the second floor, where we all file into Brighton's room to talk.
Or so I think. Just as I'm about to apologize, I hear a loud crack. I look up just in time to see Brighton's fist connect with Rhode's face.
"Brighton!" I exclaim, though I'm sure she doesn't hear me over the profanities she is yelling at Rhode.
I see Rhode holding his jaw, glaring at Brighton. Nobody saw what happened, but I'm guessing a guard heard and will probably come to check soon.
"Brighton!" I yell louder. Brighton turns to me, a smug smile on her face. "What did you just do?" I ask with an incredulous look on my face.
Her face contorts with confusion. "I thought we were going to beat him up. Remember?"
My eyes go wide. "I was joking! Do you know how much trouble we could get in for punching a Prince?!?!?"
Rhode pipes in with a grin. "Actually, only Brighton would get in trouble." Great, even when he's hurt he still looks adorable.
"See, Brighton? How could you even think of this?" Then I lean in and whisper to her, "though that was pretty cool."
"I heard that!" Yells Rhode. He winces from the pain in his jaw, though.
I can't help it. I start giggling. Brighton and Rhode both stare at me like I'm crazy. And, hey, maybe I am. But this whole situation is so ridiculous. The Prince's potential brides punching him in the face, while no guard comes rushing to his rescue.
"Are you okay?" Carefully asks Brighton, as though I'm going to snap at her at any second.
"Yeah, yeah. It's just... This is ridiculous. We just punched a Prince for actually doing what he's supposed to do in the Selection." I turn to Rhode and say, "I'm sorry I got so worked up. You can send me home now."
Rhode looks between us, then leaves. He just... Leaves. Probably to go call a meeting with all of the Selected to announce that he's sending us home.
"Well... Umm..." I have no words.
Brighton starts laughing and eventually I join in. "I can't believe I actually thought you wanted to go beat up a Prince!" She exclaims.
"I can't believe you actually punched him!" We're both smiling and laughing. All of Illéa will probably think we are rebels trying to hurt Rhode.
"Let's go spend our final day at the palace. What should we do?" I finally ask.
"Oh, trust me. I have some ideas." Brighton adds with an evil smile.
Oh, goodness. Knowing Brighton, we'll probably end our stay here causing mischief.
"Do you know how to pull pranks?" She asks, her smile growing and growing with all the possibilities.
I can't help it. A little smile forms on my face. "Might as well leave with a bang, right?" I ask.
We starts forming ideas for the pranks we will pull. All I know is, good thing we are being sent home, because if we weren't, we would definitely not be Queen material.