Just a Little Bit Tipsy

If you're happy that I updated, clap your hands! *claps hands ferociously because I'm so excited that I finally updated my own story...*
After what feels like years of sobbing, I decide to pull myself together. So what if I cheated? Might as well enjoy the last hours of my life partying it up!
I check the digital clock next to my bed. 9:15. I have plenty of time. Usually these parties last well past midnight. Knowing what I hear about the Princess of Brazil, it'll probably last until tomorrow night.
I get ready for the party, not caring what people thought of my dress choice. I was going to have the best last day of my life ever and nobody could stop me from doing so. I was never cut out to be a princess anyway, right? Too many emotions clouding my thoughts.
When I finally step out of my room, it's like a rush of fresh air filling my lungs. It's like I can finally breathe again. Maybe that's when I finally realized that I had no right to stay as a Selected, coped up in my room until I am exiled or killed. It was no different to me what happened.
I slowly walk up to the roof, where the party for the Princess of Brazil is being held. I can't help but feel sort of hurt that they have copied off of my team last minute.
Before finally reaching the door that leads to the roof, I take a deep breath. Nobody must suspect anything that happened earlier today. I mustn't be feeling sorry for myself, or else Rhode will surely know what's happening. As I'm reaching for the handle, the door wildly swings open, nearly hitting my square in the face.
"Oh! Rhode! Hello there." I exclaim, plastering on a fake smile which I hope comes across as real.
"Caspian! I was just coming to check on you. Feeling better?" He looks me up and down, checking for signs of a made-up sickness.
"Yes, just a headache. Much better now." I respond.
"Well then would you like to join the party?" He asks, taking my hand in his.
"I would love to."
Now let me tell you this, I was not expecting to see Lachlan in the corner with the Princess of Brazil, whose name I've yet to learn. But that's what I happened to see, and deep down I had the feeling of immense sorrow that I could not hide away.
When Lachlan locked eyes with me, he quickly excused himself, got up, and joined Rhode and I.
"Oh, feeling better Cass?" Lachlan asks and upon hearing his nickname for me, quickly sends an minuscule glare his way, before returning to his normal smile.
"Yes, very much so." I must seem standoffish, but I don't really care at this point. "Thanks for asking."
We lock eyes again, but this time I can see hurt behind his eyes. I never wanted to hurt him, I just don't want to be in this mess that people writing a story of my life would call my "love life". I don't even love anybody!
"Well then, I should probably get back to dancing." He says a quick goodbye and leaves Lachlan all alone with me.
"Ah, all in a day's work of being a prince." He sighs.
"I don't want to talk about it." I shoot at him, talking about the kiss.
"I didn't bring it up." He says, sending a smirk my way.
I groan, leaving him standing there. I need a drink. And when I say "drink" I mean something that could make me forget about consequences and just have fun.
I pick up a few alcoholic beverages, downing them in what seems like a record time. I still hate the taste, but maybe this'll help me cut loose.
After a few more, I feel a tap on my shoulder. It takes me a minute to see who it is through the haze in my eyes, but when I finally realize who it is, I giggle. "Rhoooooode!" I grin.
I takes my hand, almost forcefully and drags me down from the roof, into the room below. "Ow!" I exclaim and giggle at the sound of my own voice.
"Have you been drinking?" He asks in a low voice.
"Umm... Only eleven teen drinks." I say, trying to remember, but giving up and guess with another giggle.
I giggle at how much I'm giggling.
"Eleven teen? Goodness, Cass you're drunk." He groans under his breath.
Before I can say anything back, Lachlan bursts through the door.
"Cass! Hey! You okay?" His Australian signs through my ears and I laugh to myself at how much it sounds like music. He gives a confused look and turns to Rhode.
"She's drunk." He explains.
"No! I only had eleven teen drinks!!!" I argue.
"Gosh, Cass, you're freaking hammered." Lachlan says.
"At least I'm not the one who kissed one of Rhode's S-"
As Lachlan clasps a hand of my mouth, Rhode explodes. "What is she talking about?" He asks Lachlan with so much intensity that I wince.
"I-I kissed-" he starts off, but Rhode interrupts him.
"You kissed my sister?" Rhode asks, hurt filling his beautiful voice.
"I'm- I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would get mad. I was delirious one night and it just... Happened. Sorry, mate. Sincerely." Lachlan says, clearly taken aback at first from the false guess, but I'm not going to mention anything because I'm too busy staring at Rhode's tie.
"It's fine, Lachlan. I shouldn't be so mad. It just... Took me by surprise." Rhode says, lowering his voice.
"Rhode!" I quickly exclaim, letting out a little laugh at my own sudden outburst. "Your tie matches your eyes!"
Rhode looks down at his tie. His purple tie. "Cass... My eyes aren't purple." He explains slowly.
"Ohhhh, right!" I giggle at my silly mistake. "Close enough!"
"Rhode, we've got to get her away from people." Lachlan says.
"Way ahead of you, Little Lachy."
Okay! Finally back and better than ever. Well, maybe not. But still, I'm back. I'm ready to get on a writing grind. Plus, I've got many, many, many ideas which could possibly get me to the end of this book. Who's ready for major plot twists? I know I'm not!
Love ya long time,
Emma