Not ANOTHER dead Selected!

We walk into the movie theater, and all I can think about it is fake body. Not even that I'm about to be sent home, far away from Brighton and Rhode. Just that stupid dummy.
I try not to look at what we've done with our last few hours at the palace. I'm thinking over my actions when I hear a big sigh from Rhode, who still has pie and glitter all over his face.
My head snaps over to him. "What?" I ask.
Rhode points down to the dummy.
"Not another dead selected! This is the second time this week."
Brighton, who had been staring at the floor this entire time, looks over to Prince Rhode with a shocked expression on her face.
"Raze?" She asks, referring to a girl who had been sent home earlier this week. (Or so we thought) "She died?"
Rhode lets a grin slowly creep its way onto his face. "Kidding. A prince can joke around, too. This is obviously fake." He says, referring to the dummy on the ground.
"Hey! Don't insult our work!" I exclaim before I remember that he is eliminating us. "Okay. Just send us home." I say.
I grab Brighton's hand. Now is the time that I need strength more than ever. I don't love Rhode. I don't even like him... Yeah. I don't like him. But I'll miss this place.
"I knew something was up early this morning when I saw somebody near my room. Then I walked out of my room to see who it was and I tripped and fell face-first onto soapy water! This is all makeup on my cheek to cover the bruise."
I let out a little laugh. I can't help it. He looks adorable when he's flustered. Wait... Did I just say he looked adorable.
Okay. Maybe I do like him. But that doesn't matter.
Brighton turns to me. "You did that? Nice!" We high-five, forgetting the Prince is there until we hear him mumble, "it still hurts."
"Sorry. We just knew we were going home." Brighton explains.
"What gave you that idea?" He asks, staring intensely into my eyes.
"Umm..." I search for words. "You... I... Well... I don't even remember." I admit.
Brighton pipes in, "Cordelia!"
"Cordelia? Oh. I'm sorry about that. I..." Rhode says, scratching the back of his head.
"It's fine. Not like that'll hurt our chances of becoming Princess." Brighton starts.
I ant help but say, "because that sure isn't happening."
Rhode looks at the both of us with wide eyes. "No! I like-" he cuts himself off. "I wouldn't send you home over a little prank."
"Seven pranks to be exact."
"Not helping, Bright." I say, elbowing her.
"You two are staying. This is the most fun I've had in years. But... My mom and dad... And sister... Won't be too happy. It'll take weeks to get the glitter out." Rhode explains.
I stand there with a stunned expression on my face, then quickly bounce back. "You're not sending us home?" I ask and Rhode nods. "Thank you. Oh, and we probably shouldn't go to breakfast." I say, turning to Brighton. "We'll go clean up."
"Nope. We already cleaned it up. Just relax." Rhode says and we say our thank you's.
Brighton walks away and I turn to follow her, but Rhode grabs my arm before I can follow.
"You can't relax, though." He says in all seriousness.
"Why?" I ask, immediately thinking the worst. He really is sending me home.
A sly smile washes over his face. "Because we are going to have a day today. At 3:00 pm. Meet me in the garden."
I nod, staring not into his eyes, but at the pie still on his face. "But you might wanna clean up." I say.
"I'm the Prince, I can do whatever I want. Including this:" he says, taking a bit of pie off his face and smearing it onto my cheek.
"Nooooooo!" I yell, running out of the room, before he can put more pie on my face, making me a mess.
I turn back around to the movie theater, where he is still standing.
I'm just barely in the doorway when I say, "you know, I just might like you." Before sprinting away again.

Okay. Sooooo sorry for the late updates and everything! I seriously have a ton of school work. But it should get better. I have an idea or two. You should know, I usually write these on the same day that I publish them, so I don't have any saved up when I can't write. I really wish I could do that, but I'm not that type of writer. I hope that I'll get better with my writing and timing and thanks so much for the support!