Rocky Rhode

Knock knock knock
'Whoever is knocking better stop it fast.' I think to myself. 'Or they'll regret it.'
Knock knock knock
"That's it!" I almost yell, getting up in my nightgown and wrapping a blanket around me. I stomp to my door and fling it open. "Could you please stop? I wanna sleep!"
I hear somebody chuckling and I look up to see Lachlan in a crisp suit. A little bit of color takes over his cheeks when he sees me in this thin nightgown. I self-consciously wrap the blanket around me more.
"Not a morning person, are you, Cass?" He asks, returning to his composed demeanor.
"Mornings are the bane of my existence. I usually wake up around..." I pretend to be thinking. "11:45 a.m."
"Well at least you're not Rhode right now. He's got a massive headache from yesterday. All that alcohol is not good for anybody."
"Yeah, I'd bet. Is he going to the party today?" I ask.
"Oh, yes. He's required to, even if he gets sick right in the middle of the dance floor." Lachlan responds with a laugh.
"Are you going?"
"Yeah. Rhode and I will both me there. It's for the Princess of Brazil, right?"
"Yep." I say.
"I hate her." He says simply.
I laugh at his bluntness. "Hey, do you want to come inside the room? We must look like idiots out here in this doorway."
"Oh, yeah. Sure." He says. I move out of the doorway and sit on my bed. He does the same, sitting next to me. We're about a foot and a half away so anybody walking by and looking in doesn't get any weird ideas of what is going on. I dare not close the door. People would be too suspicious.
I wrap the blanket tighter around myself. "So why'd you want to talk to me?"
"Can't I talk to a pretty girl without having a reason?" He smirks.
"Come off it, Lachlan. What's your reason?" I say, blushing slightly from him calling me pretty.
"Okay, I wanted to know if you wanted to sneak some ice cream from the kitchen and maybe hang out in the gardens before the party for the Princess of Brazil starts?" He asks.
"Oh, yeah, sure. Just us?"
He runs a hand through his combed hair, making is stick up slightly at the top, like usual. I like it that way better. "Well, you can bring some people along. Like Rhode or your friends... Brighton and Cordelia, right? If you want, that's fine with me." He rushes through his words.
I chuckle slightly when he thinks Cordelia is my friend. "No, no. That's fine. Just me and you seems nice."
His face lightens up and I see his familiar smirk come back to his face. "Great. Want to go right now?"
"Lachlan... I'm in my nightgown." I say, heat rising to my cheeks.
"Right, right. I'll meet you outside your room in 10 minutes."
"10?" I ask. "How about 30?"
"30." He smiles, glee washing over his face.
"See you then." I say as he walks out my door.
When my door shuts, I start to panic a little. How am I supposed to get ready in 30 minutes all by myself when I can barely get ready in 30 minutes with three maids? I scour through my drawers, looking for a daytime dress, but only finding skirts and one pair of jeans. Rushing over to my closet, I fling open the doors
I scan through all the dresses and quickly decide on a light green day dress. A few minutes later, I've thrown on my dress, put my hair up in a messy bun, and swiped on light makeup.
While trying to put my sandals on, I rush to the door, not wanting to be late. Where am I supposed to meet Lachlan at, again?
In my rush, I almost don't see that I'm about to crash into somebody standing right outside my door.
"Lachlan!" I exclaim. "What the heck?"
"That was only 10 minutes. Not bad, not bad at all..." He says, looking at a immaculate watch on his wrist.
I roll my eyes. "Come on. Let's go to the kitchen."
"After you, m'lady."
"Shut up, Your Highness." I respond back sarcastically, elbowing him lightly in the stomach.
"Ow. That hurt me in more than one way." I says, then takes my hand. "Let's go. I want some ice cream."
We walk down to the kitchen, hand in hand. When we go through the doors, many chefs stop scurrying around and quickly now, then go back to what they were doing.
"I hate that." Lachlan whispers to me through clenched teeth.
We continue on towards the ice cream machine. I've never even known that the palace had an ice cream machine.
When we arrive, the head chef rushes over to us. "Your Highness!" He exclaims and performs a deep bow. "Can I get you anything?"
"Do you have any ice cream cones lying around?" Lachlan asks.
"Right away, sir." The chef says, practically running to get the cones.
"So what flavor do you want?" Lachy asks. I stare at the many flavors, wondering how the palace has this much ice cream. I quickly scan over the flavors, stopping when something catches my eye.
"Rocky Rhode?!?" I say with a laugh.
"Yeah, these guys make up tons of flavors or change a bunch of names. So what do you want?" He asks again.
"Rocky Rhode. Just because of that awesome pun."
"Okay. Why don't you go get us some serviettes while I choose mine." Lachlan says, scanning the flavors."
"What the heck is a serviette, Lachy? Are you just making stuff up now?" I ask, bewildered.
"A serviette." He repeats. "You know, those things that you wipe your face with. Like, 'Get me a serviette to put on my lap.' Sometimes they're paper." He explains.
"A napkin?"
"Serviette."
"Napkin." I say slower.
"Serviette." He responds back, pronouncing each syllable carefully, as if I'm a child and he is teaching me a new word.
"Well I'm going to go get us some napkins." I respond back sarcastically.
"Serviette!" Lachlan yells as I'm walking away."
"You're an idiot!" I can practically feel him rolling his eyes behind my back.
I come back with napkins and I see Lachlan has two cones in his hand, one with Rocky Rhode and one with Strawberry, I'm assuming.
"What's you get?" I ask, motioning to the other cone.
"Just Raspberry. Plain."
He hands me my cone and I give him a few napkins. "Off the the garden!" I say and we walk together, side by side.

Yes, yes, yes. I know. What took me so long? Quite honestly, I was just lazy. No excuse for that. I promise, I'm going to update more. Like, a lot more. Like, not once a month. Thanks for all the comments and everything while I took a break, but get ready for lots of drama in the next few chapters and everything. Yeah. Definitely. Brace yourselves.
Love ya long time,
Emma.