Chapter 25 - The Walking Dead?! (vacation part 4)

-Bella's POV-

"Can we talk?" His voice somewhat pleading.

Say no.

Say no.

Say no.

"Okay." I let out a sigh. Talk lang naman diba? Nothing's gonna happen...

I expected him to explain something or whatever but he just...

Hugged me?

He hugged me.

"JK, what-?!"

"Shh... just this once, please?"

Love is not jealous.

Darren will understand right?

"What did you want to tell me?" I pulled away from the hug awkwardly.

I sort of pushed him away, which, I guess, is why I can see the hurt in his eyes.

"Yeah, umm you know what? Never mind." He looked at me with dismay and walked away. "I wanted to tell you that I'm still into you."

"JK, we've been through this." I spoke, but he stopped me.

"I know, but..." he didn't continue his sentence, then he walked away.

I wanted to say something, but no words came out.

It's the right thing to do anyway.

I decided to walk back to Darren. Why do I have this guilt feeling building up inside of me?

"Bella," he spoke as soon as I got there. "are you okay?"

I sat beside him, at a loss for words.

Say something!

"Me? Yeah I'm good. Why?"

"What did he tell you?" Darren firmly asks, taking my hand in his and playing with my fingers.

-Darren's POV-

"What do you mean he still likes you? I half shouted, making her move back a little.

"I- Darren..."

"Sorry." I apologized. Maybe I'm going a bit too far on this.

"He still likes me..." she explained shortly. "But you know I don't anymore, right? Cause you trust me."

"Love means thrust." I joked, then her eyes widened, followed by her slaps. "I'm joking baby, it's just that you look scared, that's all."

"Not appropriate. tsk tsk tsk..." she shook her head at me.

"Joke nga lang e." I hugged her, "Love means trust, and it means facing your biggest fears."

"Thennnnn... I love you." she grinned, making her already-small eyes shrink more.

"So, I'm your fear?"

"My fear is losing you, but I'm risking it because I love you."

"Same feeling." I told her. "I don't ever want to lose you nga diba? It's my greatest downfall... You're my greatest downfall."

"We should stop this drama, we're getting too dramatic." she laughed. Arghh. That laugh.

"I noticed that too." I chuckled lightly. The sunset is just as perfect as she is.

I know that nobody's perfect, but when you're contented, everything turns perfect to you. :)

"'Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold" she sang silently, in a whispering manner.