Chapter 31 - O.T. 1: Quake Kwek

-Darren's POV-

"So where does operation throwback take place?" I ask the squad as we walk out of the school.

It is once again dismissal, and we told our parents about this, so it's okay.

"Depends, but to you it will always remain a surprise." Zoey wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Oo nga, but dude I'm sure maeenjoy mo to mamaya!" Caleb punched my arm lightly.

I admit, everything seems unfamiliar to me; the way to wherever we're going to, the feeling of going there, and even the feeling of riding a jeepney. It just seems so new to me again.

Siguro gala ako nung elementary?

"We've reached the first destination!" Eunice smiles and points to this cart selling fried stuff.

"Eto na agad? Ang bilis naman!" I said and stared at the thing.

Ohhh... fried squid!

I don't remember eating that. Well in fact I kind of hate it.

"Baby what is this?" I whisper in Bella's ear, slightly pointing to the squad, who're now feasting on the squid.

"Favorite mo yan dati!" she chuckled as she answered. "It's called calamares."

"I'm not so sure about this..." I thought about it for a moment.

This is my chance to try something new, and maybe even remember the past. Maybe it's worth a shot.

"Come onnnn! Try mo lang." she pleaded, taking a barbeque stick and choosing a huge piece for me and putting it in a plastic cup. "oh yan, di gaanong mainit, malutong pa. Eat up."

As she inched it closer to me, I had doubts about eating it. I remember the time I ate it back in Canada. It tasted really weird, so after that incident, I never ate it again.

"Um no thanks I'm good."

"Please baby? Isa lang. If you don't like it, ako nalang." she pleads once more.

"Could I ever resist you?" I gave in.

"Yayyy!" she rejoiced then fed me the Calamares.

Well, that wasn't so bad now was it?

"Remember anything?" Bella smiled, then she headed for the cart to get more.

"Kulang pera ko! Pautang!"

"DARREN AWAT NA! UBOS NA RIN AMIN!!!!"

"Don't worry superman! Meron pa ko, here!"

Some dialogues randomly spoke in my mind, but I chose to ignore it.

Maybe that was us before or I'm just imagining things again.

"Nothing tabs, sorry." I shook my head, making Bella frown. "But it does taste good."

Her frown instantly disappeared. Instead, it got replaced by a huge grin. "Vinegar makes it better."

-----------------

I thought the calamares thing was the last. Naubos na namin yung paninda ni kuya since marami kami, so I was quite surprised they had money for more.

So now we're in the jeepney, on the way to... I have no idea to be completely honest.

"Where are we going next?" I ask. They're all using their phones right now though.

"To neverland." Jade spoke, not looking at me. "Joke, you'll see."