Chapter 29 - Amnesia

-Darren's POV-

"How did I have amnesia?" I ask my mom, who just stared blankly at me.

"What... what are y-"

"Mom, how did I have amnesia?" I repeated, making sure she can hear me clearly.

I know what she's trying to do, making me think like it's a joke.

Well, at a situation like this? I'm sure it isn't.

"I know about my amnesia, now how did I get it?"

"D-Darren..."

"I want the truth mom!" I shout. I know it's wrong but... masisisi mo ba ako?!

"Darren, you were on a scouting trip before and- and..."

"And then what?"

"Nasa front seat ka pa nun dahil nga troop leader ka nila, and nabangga yung sinasakyan niyong bus..."

"What?!"

"All of you survived, pero kamalas malasan pang ikaw lang nagkaamnesia." she couldn't help it anymore, so mom broke down in tears.

Ayoko mang gawin to, but I'm confused as frick!

"So kailangan pa ma na sa iba ko pa malalaman yung kalagayan ko? After having all the migraine attacks... ngayon lang po ba?!"

"Anak, I tried. I waited for the right moment to tell you, pero di mo pa maiintindihan!"

"Mom, I'm old enough... sana sinabi mo na po sakin!"

The next thing I knew is that she ran to hug me. This is the first time I made my mom cry, of course as I remember. I have no idea how many times I made her cry. Ever.

"Darren, I'm deeply sorry. You know that I love you, right?" Mom says and I nod. "Patawarin mo ko, I just wanted the best for you."

"Sorry mom, I'm not mad at all. I'm just confused... of all this, how tita Jess knew you and me, and the time I met Bel at the rehearsals, how she knew me and all I ever did was snob her... I caused so much trouble and alam ko naman mom na naging pabigat ako-"

"Honey you never were. Iniyakan ka namin noon at pinagdasal dahil nga 50/50 ang buhay mo noon but still, look at yourself now. You're alive and happy, living every single day. You met great people, and God gave you another chance. Don't you ever think na naging pabigat ka, ha? We all love you." She hugged me one more time before I wiped her tears away.

"Mom." I said. "I love you, thank you."

"That's my boyyyyy!" She smiled, pinching my cheeks while wiping hers.

"Mooooom shhh nakakahiya!"

"Oh, I forgot, your friends are here... and so is your dear beloved girlfriend." she joked, adding emphasis to 'dear beloved girlfriend'. "Go have some fun, you missed out a lot! But hey, not too much fun."

Pinandilatan ko siya ng mata. Don't worry this is completely normal. "Mom!"

"Hehehe sige na! Love you anak!"

"I love you too mom!"

As they left, I was involved in a bone-crushing group hug. "A-aray ko."

"We're just so happy that got cleared out." Twit said, holding on to Stacy and Ate Grazz. "Pero una na kami ah. Thanks for everything!"

"Yeah, sorry kung naipit pa kayo sa gulo namin." Bella waved as they all walked out the front door.

"No worries." Stacy waved goodbye with the back of her hand facing us. "Bye!"