11.

Sunshine babes helloooooo again :-)
I've got another update for you guys!! Yay!
We're already at 1.5k reads WHAAATTT???? Thank you I love all of u very much
Please enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think!! (I'm sorry it's a lil shorter than usual but I've already got a lot of the next one written, will update soon ily)<3

I wake up the next morning from the sun seeping through the blinds. I silently groan to myself, trying to roll over, but a certain blonde is laying face down with his left arm slung over my body. I furrow my eyebrows, looking closely to make sure that he's breathing with his face shoved way into the pillow. I let out a silent breath of relief when I watch his back move up and down. My head falls back down on my own pillow and Owen starts to stir from my movement.

His head turns slowly to the side, his bright blue eyes staring right into mine. "Were you watching me sleep?" He asks with a tired smile. His voice is rough and raspy, and I have to force myself to ignore the feeling in my stomach when I hear it.

I guess I kinda was watching him, but it was for good reason. "I didn't know if you were breathing," I answer plainly. "Thought you might've suffocated yourself in the pillow."

Owen simply shakes head, quietly chuckling at me. "That's kinda dark of you."

"Sorry. I was worried about a dead body in my bed."

"Selfish," he mumbles, burying his head under the pillow with a tired groan. "I need to pack."

"Huh?" I question, looking at the boy's bare back. I'm not sure where his sweatshirt went. He probably got hot in the middle of the night.

"I'm leaving today, we talked about this," he responds, voice muffled.

"No we did not," I argue. "I have an excellent memory. Where are you going?"

"Dude, I literally talked about it yesterday. And the days before that."

"No you didn't, but whatever. Where are you going? Why are you leaving?"

"Going home. We have a few extra days off, and Kenny said I can miss rehearsal Monday. Got some family stuff going on, so I'm gonna visit while I can."

"Is everything okay?" I ask, hoping to not overstep.

"My grandma isn't feeling great. Might not have much longer," I responds quietly, keeping his head stuffed under the pillow.

I frown to myself, adjusting my position so I'm laying on my side to face him, my head resting on my hand. "I'm so sorry, Owen," my hand rubs up and down his back. "That's terrible."

He lets out a sigh, moving his head so it can flop back down on the pillow. "We've known it's coming, but they think this might be the real deal."

"What time is your flight?" I question, changing the topic. I'm not great at dealing with grieving, and I'm sure he doesn't want to sit here and talk about the possible looming death of a family member.

"Three. What time is it?"

I tap my phone beside me, seeing that it's 11:57 a.m.

"Almost noon. You gotta go pack, kid," I nudge his arm with a smile. He offers me just barley the ghost of a smile in return as he stands up. "Need any help?"

"No, I got it," he shakes his head, moving straight for the door.

"Okay," I nod, sitting criss cross in my bed. "Come say bye before you go?"

"Will do. See you in a bit," he leaves my room, neither of us registering that he left without a shirt, or the sweatshirt that he discarded on my floor. As my door clicks shut, I fall back into my pillows with a groan. I didn't realize when I first woke up because I was focused on Owen, but I have a pounding headache, no doubt from the amount of alcohol I consumed last night.