32.

helloooo sunshine babies!!!
i am so truly sorry that i've been MIA lately, but i have just been so busy with work and school that i haven't had a chance to sit down and write! 
after this week, i'm finished with my semester and updates will be coming much more frequently!! 
thank you to those who have stuck around and kept reading, you already know i love and appreciate you all!

enjoy this chapter!! i'll be back soon<3

"I think we should go over there," Charlie looks between Owen and I.

"I think that's a bad idea," I respond, wrapping my arms around my legs that are pulled up to my chest.

We've been hanging around at the beach for a few hours. It's dark outside now, just past nine o'clock, and Charlie has had his eyes on this group of people that are down the beach since we got here.

They've got a giant bonfire going now, and they're playing their music pretty loudly. They look like they're having fun, but I'm also afraid of new people.

"Put your social anxiety aside, Joey," Charlie rolls his eyes jokingly, earning a hard smack to the side. He just laughs at me. "They look fun! This is why we're doing this, to meet new people and have fun."

Just as Charlie's talking about how fun the group looks, two of the boys that are part of it start walking our way. My eyebrows raise in their direction, which makes Charlie look over as well.

"Hey!" One of them shouts, waving at us. Charlie stands up, and I follow his lead, making sure to wipe the sand away from my body. I put my jean shorts back on a while ago when we were done swimming, leaving me in just those and my black bikini top.

"Hey, man. What's up?" Charlie smiles at the guys, crossing his arms over his chest. I think he does this as a way to look bigger and more intimidating. As much as I want to laugh, I force it back.

"We're about to play some volleyball and we need some extra people. Any chance you guys are interested?" The other boy asks. I immediately notice a southern accent, making me wonder where these guys are from.

Charlie turns around, looking at Owen and I for an answer. I just nod along, even though the thought of doing this scares me deeply. I'm afraid of new people.

"Yeah?" The first boy speaks again, looking at all of us.

"Yeah, I'm in," I shrug.

"Sick! I'm Joey, and this is Anthony," he motions to his friend, sticking his hand out to me first because I was closest.

"Nice to meet you, I am also Joey," I can't help but laugh as I take his hand.

"No way!" He grins. "Pretty cool name."

Joey moves on, shaking the hands of Owen and Charlie while I introduce myself to Anthony.

We follow the two of them over to their makeshift volleyball court where they introduce us to their other three friends.

There's two other girls and another boy. Emma, Katie, and John.

As soon as we meet, Joey splits all of us up. I end up on a team with Katie, Joey, and Anthony. Charlie and Owen are paired up with Emma and John.

I don't know all that much about volleyball, especially considering I danced my entire life and never really branched out into other sports. The furthest experience I've gotten with volleyball is hitting a ball around in the front yard with my friends when we got bored.

So, this might be very rough on me. I make sure to let my team know that I don't have a lot of practice with this sport in particular. He just pats my back with a big grin, shaking his head as he tells me, "you'll be fine! Anyone can be better than Anthony!"