18.

hi again :) 
i've been writing a lot lately hehe so i've got another update!!
this chapter is cute. ok that is all.
love u all. enjoy!!!

When I wake up the next morning, I'm alone.

I know that Owen is still somewhere in my apartment, I can hear him shuffling around outside of my bedroom.

I let out a quiet groan as I roll over, stretching my arms and legs out. I grab my phone, seeing that it's just after nine in the morning.

With a tired yawn, I climb out of my bed and search for something to put on over my t-shirt. It's cold in the apartment. I grab the first thing I see next to my dresser, which just so happens to be Owen's staple cream crewneck. I throw it on over my pajamas, liking how baggy it feels on me. It falls just to the hem of my shorts, being the perfect amount of comfortable and oversized.

I wander out of my room once I'm satisfied with my body temperature, following the sound of Owen's feet against the floor.

"Morning," I hear my best friend's voice from the kitchen as I stumble out into the main area of my apartment. I look up to see him grinning at me while he stands in front of the stove. He's playing music while he cooks. That is a lot cuter than it should be.

I can't even begin to explain how good it feels to wake up and see him again. I've missed seeing his face first thing in the morning.

"This is new," I smirk to the boy, walking over to join him. He's making eggs, and also cooking something in the oven, but I can't see what. "Didn't know you could cook."

"I can't," he responds confidently, still smiling. I let out a quiet laugh.

"You look like you're handling yourself alright. What's in the oven?" I lean my back against the counter next to him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Cinnamon rolls. I found them in your fridge."

"Ooh, sounds good. Why are you cooking?"

"I dunno," he shrugs. "I wanted to do something nice for your birthday since I kinda missed it yesterday."

"You didn't have to do this! You already surprised me and bought me a present," I remind him. My heart still jumps at the thought of him doing something so nice for me.

"Speaking of which...do you hear what's playing right now?" Owen points at the air, telling me to listen. I immediately recognize the ending notes of She by Harry Styles just before the song switches to the next.

I grin up at the boy, whose face matches mine. He's playing the new record he got me.

"I like this one. Reminds me of you," he tells me as Sunflower, Vol. 6 starts playing throughout the apartment.

"Why's that?" I question, my heart thudding in my chest. This is one of my favorite songs on this entire album, the fact that he thinks of me when he hears it makes me happy. I could quite literally melt into a puddle of adoration.

"You call me sunshine all the time, and now things with sun make me think of you. Sunshine... sunflowers, you know," he shrugs.

"Sunflowers seek out the sun. Always turn to them," I remind him, watching as he smiles softly. I can't help but smile back. Contagious.

"So if I'm the sunshine, that makes you a sunflower. Obsessed with me," he scoffs sarcastically and I laugh loudly, smacking his arm.

"Fuck off," I roll my eyes, sliding up so I can sit on the counter. He has a point, though. "So you like the album, then?"

"I really like it, yeah. It's fun," he nods, poking at his eggs with a spatula.

"I'm glad you like it. I really love it," I tell him just as the oven's timer goes off. He moves to take the cinnamon rolls out. I sit and watch him, feeling more than happy that he's here right now. My heart is so full already, I can't wait for Charlie to get here tomorrow.