29.

hi sunshine babies!!!
THANK YOU for all of the love on the last chapter ahahah it's finally happening!!!!
enjoy, have a fantastic day, i love you all<3

It's not often that I'm at a loss for words around Owen, and it's even less often that I feel awkward around him.

But a very heated kiss both preceded and followed by the admittance of certain feelings is enough to make things awkward. For both of us.

"So..." I start, having absolutely no clue where to go with this conversation. There's a lot more that needs to be said, and a lot more to be discussed between us, but I'm not sure that either of us will be able to find the right words. "What now?"

Owen watches me as I sit down on the couch, tugging on his bottom lip with his fingers as he does frequently. He's got a smile on his face, but I know he's nervous. I don't blame him...I am too.

"Well," Owen purses his lips, sitting right beside me. I take the liberty of resting my legs over his, to which he responds with a smile as he lets his hand fall to my thigh while the other rests along the back of the couch. "I think this is the part where I ask you if you'd like to go on a date with me. So, Miss Josephine Mercer, would you like to go on a date with I, Owen Joyner?"

"You cheesy son of a bitch, I should've known!" I let out a laugh as he bows his head at me.

"So is that a no...?" He purses his lips.

"You are an idiot, you know that?" I ask amusedly.

"I'm well aware, you never fail to remind me," he smiles. "So, can I get an answer on that...or..."

"Mr. Owen Patrick Joyner," I clear my throat, deepening my voice for dramatic effect. "I, Josephine Elaine Mercer would love nothing more than to go on a date with you."

"Oh, thank god. I thought you'd say no," he lets out a very over dramatic sigh, making me giggle as he pulls me right into his lap. "This has been a long time coming, huh?"

"You think?" I ask, smiling while my head rests against his shoulder.

"I don't know, I've only been waiting for this since November," he jokes.

"I've been waiting since September. I win," I stick my tongue out at him. He moves his hand from my leg to my cheeks, squishing them together with a stupid, childish laugh. "So, tell me, sunshine. When is this date of ours?"

"Hmm, I don't know. I need time to plan. Let's say... tomorrow," he flashes me a dumb grin.

"Oh, wow. Just can't wait, huh?" I tease him, absentmindedly rolling his silver chain between my fingers.

"Absolutely not," he shakes his head, turning his attention to my hands as they fiddle with his necklace.

"Will you still stay here tonight?" I ask with a pout. "I've missed you."

"Wasn't planning on leaving," he tugs his bottom lip between his teeth as I look back up at him with a smile.

Owen and I's entire dynamic has changed within minutes, and I'm not exactly sure how to act or what to say. What does this mean for us? Are we dating? Are we still friends who are majorly crushing on each other? I don't know.

"Are you hungry?" I ask, glancing at the clock under my TV. It's nearly six o'clock, meaning that Ethan was here much longer than I even thought.

I'm not even hungry myself, but food is always a good common ground between us and a good topic of conversation.

"I could eat," he shrugs. "Are you?"

"Not really," I purse my lips, once again resting my head on the boy's shoulder.