21.

HI
here's another chapter hehe
i have an idea for a new story i wanna start but my brain is telling me i need to finish this first ahh
also...this story is very slow burn i know that but i'm a sucker for slow burn so i'm sorryyyy :) things will pick up soon i promise
thank u for all the love<3
enjoy!

"My head hurts. My body hurts. Everything hurts," I whine to Charlie, who is sitting on the other side of Owen's couch. I'm laying sprawled out with my head on one end, my feet tossed lazily over his lap.

Charlie laughs at me, patting my legs sympathetically. He doesn't say anything, he just keeps looking at the laptop that's sitting on his legs.

Last night was fun, but part of me is starting to think that it wasn't worth it with this hangover that I'll be nursing all day. I grunt, reaching for my phone on the floor.

With a yawn, I open it and go to check my social media. I open Instagram first, seeing a few notifications. I've been tagged in a few stories, and have several new followers from Dani and her friends.

I follow each of them back before going to Dani's story, seeing that she's one of the ones that tagged me. It pops open to a video of me on stage with Owen and Charlie, doing karaoke to Teenage Dirtbag. I chuckle to myself, swiping up on it.

JosephineMercer: BAHAHAH this video is iconic!!!!

I swipe through a few more stories, seeing videos of me performing Wannabe with Dani, Amelia, and Nicole. That was fun.

Charlie and I sit in silence for a few more minutes until the Owen comes strolling out of his bedroom with a big yawn. He's shirtless, his gray sweatpants hanging dangerously low on his hips. Oh boy. He rubs vigorously at his eyes before letting them adjust and rest on Charlie and I on his couch.

I woke up in his room about an hour ago, but I ran out carefully and silently when memories of last night came flooding back. Drunk me really decided to be bold with him last night. Part of me wishes I could forget that I kissed him impulsively, but another part of me erupts into tingles when I remember the feeling of doing so.

"Morning," Owen mumbles, walking into the kitchen.

"Morning," I respond quietly, turning my attention back to my phone.

"What? No sunshine?" Charlie teases me. I stick my tongue out at him, kicking him in the chest with my bare foot. He laughs, shoving my foot away from him.

Owen comes back to the living room, holding a mug of coffee as he yawns again. He walks towards the couch and I sit up instinctively, letting him sit down before I drop my head back down on his lap.

The three of us sit in silence, Charlie staring at his laptop, me at my phone, and Owen at the wall.

When Charlie's loud ringtone spreads through the apartment, each of us jump at the sound. That one hurt my head.

He grabs his phone, looking down at it in confusion. "It's Kenny," he says, sliding his finger over to answer.

"Hello?" He answers, moving his laptop to the coffee table so he can stand up. I move my legs, curling them up as I turn my body to the side. I tiredly lean my head against Owen's bare torso, trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.

Charlie stands in front of the TV, putting his phone on speaker after he tells Kenny that he's with me and Owen.

"Helloooo," I hear the familiar voice and smile.

"Hi, Kenny," I respond loud enough so he can hear me.

"Hey, Ken!" Owen adds on.

"Happy New Year, guys!" Kenny shouts. We all chorus something similar back. "So, listen. I've got a proposition. Well, kind of a gift, but you don't have to accept it. I was going to call each of you, but Charlie said you're all together, which is even better!"