22.

hi buddies this is more of a filler chapter i'm sorry
i'll update again soon, promise!!!
enjoy, let me know what u think :)
love u all<3

We stayed at the pool for pretty much the rest of the day, until we left to get dinner at the hotel's restaurant. When we got back to the room, I immediately took a shower and went to lay down in my bed, which is where I have been for the last few hours. Now it's almost ten p.m., and I'm pretty sure everyone else is already asleep from the long day of travel and swimming.

Just as I'm about to get up and get myself ready for bed, I hear a quiet knock on my door before it squeaks open to reveal a certain blonde boy.

"Hey," I sit up, letting my blanket fall from my body.

"Hi, Joey," he smiles in a very suspicious manner.

"What did you do?" I narrow my eyes at the boy as he stands in the doorway, twiddling his thumbs.

"...Do you have any aloe?" He almost whispers his question and I let out a laugh. "You can say you told me so."

Owen walks fully into my room, closing the door behind him. He walks uncomfortably, so much so that I can tell how bad his sunburn is.

"I don't think I need to," I shrug smugly, moving over to my suitcase so I can retrieve my bottle of aloe vera. This is why I'm the mom friend.

Owen sits on the edge of my bed, carefully peeling his t-shirt from his body. My jaw drops when I look at his bright red chest and shoulders. He looks like Larry the lobster, to put it nicely.

"Oh, buddy," I hold back my laugh at the obviously pained boy as he spreads the gel all over his arms and chest. "Here, give me that. Let me help you."

I take the bottle from his hands and climb on the bed, standing on my knees on the bed behind him. I take a glob of the green gel and start spreading it all over his back. It's a little cold in the hotel room, but his skin is burning hot to the touch.

"Thank you," he sighs, leaning forward. "This shit hurts."

"Are you going to listen to me now?"

"Yeah," he breathes out.

"Tell me I'm always right," I grin, peeking my head to the side of his.

"Really, Joey?"

"Say it."

"You're always right. Just like my mother," he mutters his last sentence.

"I will smack you on this sunburn and make you regret everything," I threaten, knowing that I wouldn't ever do that. I don't want to hurt him.

"Please don't do that," he begs.

"Hm," I shrug, continuing to spread the gel across his back and shoulders. "Is Charlie sunburnt at all? Turn around."

Owen shifts his body so he's facing me. I'm now sitting sideways beside him, my legs on either side of his body. I start carefully putting the aloe on his face.

"Yeah, not as bad though."

"You're blonde, sunshine. Blondes burn easily," I remind him and he nods, his eyes fluttering shut as I swipe gently over his red cheeks and even redder nose. I can't help but think about how cute he looks with his little burnt nose....I'm a sucker for a rosy face.

"Don't call me sunshine right now, I'm mad at it," he jokes as I finish up with the gel.

"You can't be mad when it's your fault," I tell him, throwing the bottle back into my open suitcase. "I tried to help you."