37.

hiiii sunny babies!
i'm back with another chapter hehe
i am here to say THANK YOU FOR 50K READS!!
every day i log into wattpad and my mind is still blown at the amount of support you guys have given sunshine. my god you are all so good to me.
i adore each and every single one of you.

ok enough gushing.
enjoy the chapter. take care of yourself.
love love love you!!! kisses!!

"Hey. Hey. Jo. Joey. Josephine. Hello," I hear a harsh whisper from across the room as I sit silently at the kitchen counter, staring blanking at my computer screen.

"Dude," I turn around in my chair, zoning in on Owen's face while he watches me from the living room. "I am very busy. I asked you very nicely to just leave me alone for like an hour. What do you need?"

I purse my lips as I wait for his answer. All day today I've finally been looking into what the next school year is going to be like for me. I've been putting it off for weeks now, but my parents and my academic advisor have all been hounding me about it more than usual. I decided I should probably take care of it before my parents actually get mad at me, or before it's too late to register for the fall.

"I'm sorry. It's been two hours. I'm just checking in," Owen answers with a sheepish smile. He rests his chin on the arm of the couch, letting his body extend across the entire surface. "How's it going over there?"

"How has it already been two hours?" I gape, double checking the time on my laptop just to be sure. "I'm going to lose my mind."

"Take a break. Come here!" He sits up, holding his arms out for me. I just laugh and shake my head.

"I don't even know what I'm doing here, babe," I glance back at my screen with a look of defeat. "This is a lost cause."

"Now you're just being dramatic," he rolls his eyes, pulling himself up so he can come stand next to me.

Owen leans over my body so he can take a look at my laptop. I take the opportunity to lean my back into his chest, letting one of his arms wrap around my body. He keeps focused on the screen, taking a second to press a kiss against my temple, making me feel instantly calmer.

"So what are exactly are you trying to do right now?" He questions.

"I'm supposed to be registering for classes for the fall semester," I respond with a sigh. "This list is classes my advisor is recommending me to take, but I can't really find them on the registering website. I don't even remember having to do this for my freshman year."

"Try putting that number in," Owen points to my list at the random number combinations that my advisor gave me. I really didn't think that they did anything.

I shrug, typing in the first number on the list and pressing search. A small gasp leaves my lips when it works, and the exact class that I was looking for finally pops up.

"I think I'm really stupid," I look up at him with an embarrassed glance.

"You're not stupid," he chuckles. "I think you're just a little burnt out. You've been staring at this computer all day."

"I've just been trying to figure out which classes I want to take. It's a lot. I've been reading descriptions, checking Rate My Professor, trying to see which classes won't make me want to jump off the balcony. You know."

"You're doing great, baby," he grins, planting a big kiss on my cheek. "How much longer do you think you'll be?"

I blow a big breath out, looking back at the clock. It's almost four o'clock now.