31.

hi sunshine babies!!
i'm so sorry updates have been coming slower lately but writer's block BLOWS!! ugh
BUT thank u for 30k reads that is so insane to me!!!
i love you all<3 enjoy!

"Is he even here?"

"He said he is, but you never know with Charlie."

I shrug, tugging my suitcase behind me as Owen and I walk through the exit of the Florida Keys airport. It's a smaller one than I'm used to, especially since we flew out of LAX.

Regardless, it's not a big place and finding Charlie shouldn't be that difficult. Except for the fact that he's incapable of staying in one place, and we didn't find him where he said he would be.

"Joyner! Joey!" I flip my head around when I hear a very familiar voice yell as we wander down the sidewalk.

My jaw falls to the ground when I see the boy. He's waving at us from the inside of a van that looks like it's straight from a cartoon. It's bright blue with orange and yellow flowers decorating the sides. Charlie sat in the front seat of such a vibrant and big car is quite a site to see.

"Get your ass out of that van, Gillespie!" I yell at him, walking up to the brightly colored van.

He grins, throwing the door open before jumping right out.

Charlie runs over to me, pulling me into the tightest hug he can muster, picking me up in the air in the process while I let out a loud laugh.

"I missed you, little buddy!" He tells me, shaking my shoulders as he sets me back down.

"I missed you too," I grin up at the boy, watching as him and Owen embrace.

Owen has a big ass smile on his face, no doubt being excited about being reunited with Charlie again.

"It's good to be back, huh? Welcome to the Sunshine Mobile," Charlie proudly motions to the van, patting the side of it.

Upon hearing the name, I look over at Owen. He smiles down at me, scrunching his nose briefly.

"I didn't know it was named that until I rented it, but it's kinda fitting," Charlie chuckles.

"A little bit," I nod, peeking inside the van to get a good look. It looks shockingly roomy inside, despite it being a little small on the outside. The thought of being stuck in it for the next ten days doesn't make me feel sick, so that's a plus. I don't typically like small areas.

"Are you guys ready to hit the road? I have an itinerary," Charlie clasps his hands together, looking between Owen and I.

I shrug, grabbing my suitcase and throwing it in the van before hopping into the passenger seat. Owen climbs in the back, squeezing my shoulder briefly before flopping down on the perfectly-made bed. There's only two seats for actual passengers, so we'll have to take turns sitting in the back while we're driving.

I have a feeling that we won't be spending a lot of time in the van anyway, if Charlie has anything to do with it.

"So what's on the itinerary, Charles?" I question as we pull out of the airport parking lot. I cross my legs on the seat, looking to the boy.

"Well...." he starts, but trails off. He doesn't have a plan for the next ten days, but I really didn't expect him to have one. Charlie's the king of guy to just go where the wind takes him and see what happens.

"I knew you were lying," I narrow my eyes, letting out a quiet laugh. "Then where were you planning on going now?"

"Uh, I dunno. I was kinda just gonna drive until we hit a beach or something," the older boy shrugs. I look over my shoulder, seeing Owen lying across the bed with one arm tucked behind his head. I want nothing more than to go curl up beside him and pass out, but I'm not going to leave Charlie up here alone.