Chapter 47

The earth was trembling, it wasn't because of the earthquake or other natural disaster, it was because of Bishop going hand-to-hand against Regal.

The back forest became their ring, whether on the land or in the air. Their figures were everywhere for others to see. Those Demon Hunters who witnessed the fight couldn't decide if they want to believe it or not.

A mere descendant of the Angel fighting on par with the King of the Angels sounded ridiculous but it also gave them hope of winning. They didn't want any more of their friends and family to lose their lives in this battle.

"Father!" Hyewon checked on Headmaster Kang immediately upon arriving with Yeoweon. "Are you alright? What is happening? Why is uncle Bishop..."

"I am alright and Bishop is doing his part as my friend. Stalling for time." Her father replied, looking solemn as he watched his friend bravely engaging Regal.

"Stalling for time? So that means uncle Bishop..." She was afraid to finish her sentence or to even think about it until the demon beside her continued.

"Yes, he can't win. It's impossible because he doesn't have the power that a real Angel have, especially the king."

"What Yeoweon stated is true. Regal's power is beyond ours. We stood no chance and only the Queen of the Angels can stop him."

"Eunbi unnie..." She muttered, thinking about her sister. She knew this battle looked like it happened because of Eunbi but she was well aware that Regal used her sister as an excuse so he could conquer the worlds.

"But we all agreed not to involve her in this, so we will manage somehow, right?" If they were destined to lose, she will make sure that Regal wouldn't get the second thing he wanted, which is Eunbi but if she can't stop him, she knew someone else will.

Her father smiled. "I know that but...someone slipped out yesterday. She's probably trying to get Eunbi's help."

Her eyes widened. "What? Wait, is it that advisor? Ah! I knew she will cause trouble." Her hair got messed up by her hands as she felt frustrated. Yeoweon patted her shoulder and smiled, signalling her to calm down.

She huffed out, crossing her arms. "I know. Eunbi unnie will make her own decision but still, I'm worried. I want her to be happy, you know."

"I'm sure whatever her life will be, she's happy because she has a beautiful and caring sister like you."

"Of course. I'm glad you know that." She accepted the compliment without any shame.

Headmaster Kang who watched their whole interaction smiled. "Are you two friends now?"

She cleared her throat and nodded to emphasize her cool response towards the question. "Why not. I mean, we are in this war together anyway."

"I am just a mere servant of Lady Hyewon since she is none other than my queen."

Hearing that from his mouth, she coughed as it echoed in the whole area. Even Bishop and Regal who was in the middle of kicking each other stopped and searched where the sound came from using their heads.

"Yah! What are you-"

"Shall I pull the troops back?" Yeoweon cuts her words off as he seriously looked at Headmaster Kang.

The older nodded. "I already sent Sakura, Lucas, and Yena but you can check them in case help needed. Tell them to retreat to someplace safe. Whatever happened, don't get caught in the battle unless it's unavoidable."

"Yessir!" He then sped off to accomplish his task.

"I wish I have his speed. It's reliable." Headmaster Kang commented and turned towards his daughter. "Oh, your face is red. Are you okay?"