Chapter 13

When the sound of those three uninvited visitors totally vanished from his hearing, Gureon loudly exhaled as he loosened up his tensed body.

"Wah~ What a scary mom you got there." He commented, turning around towards Eunbi.

"I'm sorry for her actions. My mom is always like that." She looked at him, feeling guilty but he flashed her a comforting smile.

"It's fine. I'm not feeling offended or anything." He gently patted her head once and moved away to the window.

His small gesture caused her ears to burn up although it wasn't very visible to the naked eyes. 

"Can't deny that I was surprised, though." He added and slid the curtains to the side, letting the evening wind inside.

"Yah! I was more shocked than you. I thought you were going to get your butt handed to you by them." She giggled while remembering the earlier scene.

Gureon scoffed and leaned his hip on the window sill while looking at her. Her hair was blown away by the wind and her face shined thanks to the sun coming through the window.

"Why are you covering your face?" He wasn't satisfied because she kept covering the lower part of her face since earlier.

That question caught her off guard. "I d-don't have any makeup on." She admitted and averted her gaze away.

"Ah." He nodded understanding. "No wonder you look a bit different."

"Yah! What do you mean different?" She whipped her head to face him.

"What? Why are you getting mad? I mean you look more natural, that's all." He got down from the window and walked to her.

She would have walked away from him in embarrassment if she wasn't injured but her condition at that time prevented her from doing so.

She could only watch him grabbing her wrists and pulled her hands away from her face as he stared deep down inside her shiny black orbs.

"You can't hide it from me forever, you know." One corner of his mouth curved upwards as he leaned closer.

Eunbi swallowed hard. "W-what are you doing?" She stuttered out while tilting her head to the back.

"Looking at my beautiful Lady Eunbi. What else do you think I'm doing?" He released one of her wrists and grabbed her jaw under the ear.

"Why are you so nervous? Every time I see you, you were always calm and composed." Because of that, teasing the older woman was fun more than he expected.

Her breathing suddenly turned to normal as she chuckled. She also stopped moving her head back and in fact, she moved it closer to his face which had turned to the look of confusion.

"Why should I be nervous? After all, you only know how to tease." She said, smirking.

If he really wanted to play this game so she thought two people could play this game together and see who would be the winner at the end.

She was confident he wouldn't be able to stand her.

She moved her fingers to his chin. "Why did you stop? Come closer." Her low voice was like a demon's whisper, tempting him to do something sinful.

He stopped breathing for real now. 'Damn, she's really tempting me.' He thought to himself all the while trying to resist the look she was giving.

*SCREECH*

The door was opened. "Sorry, Eunbi. We are a bit la-" Headmaster Kang stood at the door with his youngest daughter.

"Oops! Sorry for interrupting. We'll come back later." Her dad proceeded to close the door but Hyewon dragged him in.

"We aren't interrupting anything, dad." She dragged the old man further inside and gave a look at her sister.

For some reason, Eunbi didn't feel embarrassed getting caught in that situation so she gave Hyewon a playful smile to get on her sister's nerve.

As for Gureon, his face was already back to a blank state the moment he heard the door rattled. He didn't want Principal Kang to know his true personality, at least at the time being.

He backed away from Eunbi and she immediately noticed his movement so she quickly grabbed his arm, making him look down at her.

"Don't leave." She mouthed the words to him.

"If I know you have a company, I would've eaten more before coming here." Her dad spoke, rubbing his flat stomach.

As per her order, Gureon walked past principal Kang and Hyewon, giving her a small smirk along the way and successfully received a pair of widened eyes from her.

He went to the window again and rested his hips down on the window sill once again, looking outside towards the darkening sky.

Even though it looked like he was spacing out, all his senses were focused on the surroundings as he got a feeling that he needed to be cautious.

He silently sighed thinking that it was probably because of the appearance of San that caused him to feel like this. He hoped nothing bothersome will appear in his quiet life.

Well, that was what he thought.

-------