Chapter 56

"Pandemonium Gate."

Gureon chanted, making the others waited in anticipation because of the cool name.

A few seconds ticked away but nothing happened. His eyes nervously rebounded left and right as he cleared his throat.

"Ahem, actually, I don't really need that, yeah, haha." He scratched his nape while the others groaned disappointedly.

They legit thought they would see something cool, especially Yeoweon, preparing himself to fanboy his ass out so when it didn't happen, his stance became round-shouldered slouch as Hyewon mockingly patted his back.

"How dare you look down on me. The price for doing that is quite big and you will pay this instance."

Eris's eyes glowed yellow gold and the air around her rippled before a few white round portals appeared.

The portals slowly gathered surrounding energy and a  yellowish energy ball were created in front of each of them, gradually getting bigger.

Her hand stretched outwards and the balls turned into a laser beam, shooting themselves at him, rapid and fast.

Those lasers were nothing he couldn't handle. Every time it was about to connect with him, he vanished from his spot in a glitch effect and appeared at a different random place.

The scene lasted for a few seconds until the duration of Eris's skill ended. Her power and time were wasted just like that while he gave her a mocking grin.

"It's better if you stop, Goddess. This fight has become pointless now."

"Do you expect me to listen to you? The only one who gives orders here is me."

"No, I don't expect it, I command you. This is my world and I...want- you- to- leave. Right now."

His statement drowned the Goddess deeper into her anger. She wasn't supposed to be treated like that.

She was a Goddess, exiled but still a Goddess nonetheless and he was only a Demon, the lowest and filthiest creature the world had to offer.

Yet, he dared acted like he was above her. From Eris's point of view, that was unacceptable and she would let him know who's up and who's down.

"Huhuhu," she laughed, lighting up the folding fan she was holding into a golden glow, her signature colour.

"Perhaps I've spoiled you too much. That's why you're acting like this."

He looked at her, dumbfounded. "Nani? I mean, what?"

Eris threw the fan as it spun towards him. He blocked it but before the fan could touch him, it quickly transformed into a glowing square box and trapped him inside.

'A barrier?' he thought.

Inside the box was all bright yellow so he couldn't see what happened outside. Not long, he heard a finger-snapping and an energy explosion hit him from all sides.

From outside the box, the others could see a reddish light flashed every time the explosion occurred inside the box as Eris controlled the explosions with a snap of her fingers, smiling victoriously.

"Yah, yah, is Gureon oppa gonna be fine?" Hyewon asked, roughly shaking Yeoweon's arm who happened to be beside her.

"He will be fine, Lady Hyewon. Look, everyone is chilling. Gureon might look like he's playing around but he's actually being serious all the time." Stated the Demon prince.

True enough, everyone watched the fight like it wasn't a big deal. It as if they already know who would win and could totally skip the fighting part but they still wanted to know how it played out.