Chapter 10

Morning came and Eunbi progressively awoke from her deep sleep. It couldn't be called a sleep anymore given she was completely knocked out cold last night.

Carefully, she sprung her body upwards before she began looking around the room. The windows were still close shut and behind the thin curtain was still quite dark.

She took it that it was probably still in the early morning but unfortunately, she needed to go to the toilet and knowing her situation, she didn't think she could manage by herself.

She sighed. "I...really hate me right now."

She scooted closer to the side of the bed and slowly dropped her legs down one by one. Her right leg was numb so she decided to transfer all the work to her left leg, slowly pushing her body up from the bed.

With so much effort that she squeezed, she successfully stood up but it didn't last long when she fell down after taking the first step. The one that caught her was only the cold tile floor.

She hits the floor with the sideways of her clenched fist as frustration keeps building up inside her "I'm so useless..."

Before she could further curse herself, the door of the ward she was currently in rattled open. She directed her eyes at the entrance and saw Gureon standing there.

His eyes were sternly looking at her. "What are you doing, Lady Eunbi?" He dropped the plastic bags he was holding and walked to her.

"Gureon..." She got up into a W-sitting position.

"What's with that face? Hating yourself again?" He spoke, crouching down beside her.

Her face was looking down so he grabbed her chin and lifted it up to make her look at him. "Did you forget what I told you last night?"

She shook her head. Even though she thought that it was just a dream, she still remembered what he said last night loud and clear.

"I... Won't marry you and will not give your household what my dad left behind." He stated.

"W-what..." Her heart somehow shattered upon hearing him saying that.

"I will really do that IF-- you don't stop looking down on yourself." He continued.

That sentence calmed her heart back down as she was feeling touched by what he said. She got the meaning behind his words and wondered if he knew how she felt at the moment.

"I'm sorry. I'll try not to feel like that again." Her eyes were still locked with his so she kind of becoming stiff.

"It's fine, as long as you get it." He moved his hand away from her chin.

"And you now realize this is not a dream, right?" Even without his hand, Eunbi's eyes stuck on his face.

She nodded. "I know. This is too real to be a dream."

"Hmm, then why are you still not surprise by the fact that I'm talking to you?" He wasn't feeling satisfied with the fact that she wasn't surprised hearing him talking.

Eunbi scoffed before she chuckled at his question. "Should I feign a shocked expression now? Just tell me when to start."

"Tsk, nevermind." He said, sticking out his lower lip.

"But I'm happy you finally talk to me." She flashed a smile. The sweetest and tempted smile he had ever seen.

"Aren't you curious why I acted dumb for all this time?" He asked.

"I won't ask you why, but you're free to tell me whenever you want to." She smiled.

He must have his reason for keeping his true personality a secret and she wouldn't force him to open up but when the time comes, she will heartily listen.

He huffed out through his nose. "Yeah, let save that story for another time and by the way, why are you on the floor?"

Eunbi bit her lip and averted her gaze to the side. "Toilet..." She muttered.

"Ah, morning pee." It's human nature so he got that right away.

She slapped his arm. "Yah! You don't need to say it out loud like that, it's embarrassing."

Gureon just let out a small laugh as he observed her antic, pouting in embarrassment. Maybe he should be careful in the future, not to straight-up said the things residing in his head.

He thought he at least should do that whenever he is with her because if he is with someone else, he probably wouldn't have cared enough.

Looking at her face, he noticed her expressions gradually changing as she stared and gave him a smile. It was her normal smile that he received at least once a day for the duration he was living inside her household.

"My face is such eye candy, isn't it?" He joked and successfully acquired a playful disgusted look from the older woman.

"I changed my mind, don't talk ever again." She replied with her own joke before she giggled by herself.

This time, it was his turn to admire her face with total adores. "See? You look better when you're happy."

"Thank you." That was all she could say. "I won't feel like this if it's not because of you."

The longer he looked at her face, he suddenly became flustered. "Yeah, sure. Anyway, let's get you to the toilet before it leaked here."

His arm once again got slapped by Eunbi. "Yah!"

He puts her arm around his shoulder and pulled her upper body from the floor before lifting her lower body from behind her knees. Holding her in his arms felt quite a handful amount if he'd say.

He moved a few steps and she started squirming, yelling at him. "Yah! Are you going to follow me inside the bathroom?"

"Of course, you can't go by yourself, right?" He said.

"No! A bathroom is a private place for women, no man is allowed." She stated.

He stopped walking and smirked, slowly putting her at the edge of the bed. He gazed down into her eyes as he pressed the mattress beside her with his hands, trapping her in between.

"Soon, not even one inch of your body will be private to me." He leaned his face closer meanwhile Eunbi moved her head back.

Their noses were almost touching with one another and she couldn't move back anymore but he was still leaning closer so she closed her eyes, ready to face whatever he would do to her.

Then, the door slid open. It was her father and Hyewon. "Well, oops, sorry for intruding." The old man spoke and proceeded to close the door again.

Eunbi opened her eyes and quickly yelled before her father left again. "Father! No, come in!"

Gureon snickered at her and casually backed away, turning on his blank face within a second. He walked past the two newly arrived visitors to the door and grabbed the plastic bags that he dropped earlier.

Eunbi noticed his transformation as she observed the younger man putting the bags on the cabinet located at the end of her bed and he exited the room, completely vanished from their sights.

----------

Just a small update to show a little bit of Gureon and Eunbi moment. I'll make it longer next time. Dream out.