Chapter 14

The day of Gureon and Eunbi's wedding finally had come.

Originally, Headmaster Kang decided to postpone the ceremony until her daughter is fully healed but Eunbi made a decision to go on as planned.

She didn't want to cause more trouble to the involving parties and furthermore, she herself wasn't so sure how long it would be if to wait for her to fully recover.

She also asked Gureon about it and he agreed, telling her, "I don't really mind whatever it will be because you are already my wife."

She just yelled at him with a tomato-red face. She tried to get used to his teasing but whenever he did it, she couldn't help but feel flustered.

Right now, she was done getting ready and was on her way to a room where Gureon used to get ready for the wedding.

Hyewon acted as her driver, pushing the wheelchair she was on to wherever she wanted to go. Her action proved enough that she is a kind-hearted younger sister.

Eunbi knocked on the door and entered with Hyewon.

The assistants and maids who were currently creating a good looking groom all turned their attention to them.

"Young ladies." They stopped whatever they were doing and bowed their respect.

Eunbi and Hyewon just smiled, signaling them to continue attending to Gureon who was frozen as he always acted.

No matter what kind of tool smacked on his face, he didn't flinch.

He stayed still even when the end of the hair belonged to one of the maids brushed onto his face. The maid apologized nonetheless although he gave no reaction to it.

Eunbi pressed her lips together, holding in the laughter that threatens to come out while Hyewon already turned around, covering her mouth with her hand.

After a few more minutes of stiffening his body, the preparation finally finishes as all the maids admired him from every angle with a satisfied look on their faces.

"All done." Said the head of the maids, walking towards Eunbi.

"You look beautiful, Lady lucky bride." She smiled sheepishly.

"What? Lucky bride? Why are you calling me that?" Eunbi giggled shyly.

"The groom is such a snack." The maid wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yah! What do you mean by that?"

Eunbi got hold of the woman's hand but she just laughed it off, pulling her hand away and exited the room, followed by the others one by one.

Gureon exhaled and loosened up his muscles before he was turned into a stone statue when his eyes landed on a sitting woman a few meters in front of him.

Her voice, her appearance, her aura, and the atmosphere around her feels heavenly and looks ethereal as if she wasn't from this world. It was so overwhelming.

At that time, he truly sees her as an angel who took away all the darkness within him.

"Eunbi unnie, I think you broke him."

Hyewon's joking words snapped him out of his trance "Sorry, you are blinding me for a moment there."

His sister-in-law scoffed hearing his cheesy remark as his wife totally oblivious as earlier.

"Why? Is there something shiny on me?" Eunbi asked, searching something no particular on her light purple-colored dress.

"Yeah, you-"

"Stop it, will you?" Hyewon cuts him off. "You don't have any expertise in making those cheesy lines."

"Yah, that is harsh." He raised his hands, surrendered.

Eunbi opened her mouth when the realization hits her. "Ah! Was that a compliment?"

"You're slow, unnie." Hyewon pinched her earlobe. "But it's a good thing tho. Serve him right." She gave a glare to Gureon.

Eunbi giggled while Gureon pouted his lower lip at them to once again getting a look from the younger woman. A disgusted look.

"Anyway, I'll leave you two alone. Seems like Eunbi unnie have something to talk about." Finished talking, she walked to the door.

Outside the room

Hyewon slowly closed the door and leaned her back against it while closing her eyes. She didn't know how to express it but she somehow became more accepting of Gureon.

She was still embarrassed to show it in front of the others so she acted cold towards him as she usually did. When the right time comes, she will apologize and act better towards him.

Being suspicious all the time wouldn't bring any benefits and furthermore, her sister looked all smiley whenever she was with him so, she decided to let him be for the time being.

A small smile crept up her face as she shook her head. "Well, whatever. I'll just deal with him when he shows any threatening behavior."

Inside the room

"So, what do you want to talk about, lady Eunbi?" Gureon crouched down to match her eye level.

"Nothing, really." She smiled. "But first, can you please stop calling me lady Eunbi?"

His face scrunched up. "Why?"

"I hate it. It's like you still think of me as a stranger." She rested her hand on his shoulder.

"We are more than that now...even then, I already think of you as a family." She squeezed his shoulder.

"I know. That's why I like you the most." He grabbed the slender hand on his shoulder, squeezing it.

She smiled. "So, fulfill my request, can you?"

He looked to the side as he puckered his lips, acting as he was thinking. "Hmm~"

He then glanced at her. "Sure! As you wish, noona."

The new way he called her caught her off guard but she quickly adapted to it. She felt more bonding when he called her like that.

"T-that sounds better. Thank you." Small tints of red emerged on her cheeks from under the makeup.

What names he called her didn't bother him to be honest. The thing outside isn't as important as the thing inside, that's what he believed.

But if calling her that would make her happy then it was a pleasure for him to oblige.

"That's done, now spill it." He demanded.

"Actually, you're the one that needs to spill it." She raised her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"You think you can hide it from me? Your anxiety?" She leaned closer. "Tell me in a straight line, no curving."

There she goes again, the eyes that were impossible for him to dodge. Those deep and dominating eyes always make him stay down.

He exhaled loudly. "It's... I feel like something will happen. Something bad."

----------

Something bad he says. Hah, he has no idea. Thanks for reading and voting. Dream out.