Chapter 17

Sakura tightly clenched the syringe in her grip as she moved it towards Eunbi's neck.

The sharp tip of it was only an inch away from penetrating her soft skin when a faint cracking sound could be heard coming from where Gureon was kneeling at.

The marble floor underneath his palms cracked like it was smashed with a hammer as he slowly balled up his fist and pushed his body up, standing straight.

He grabbed the dagger that has been embedded into his shoulder and pulled it out, follows with a sizzling sound. Both the wound and the dagger were smoking.

Hyewon widened her eyes. "Is it poisoned?" She approached him.

"Yeah, I guess so." He replied and spun the dagger into his hand, holding it upside down.

The guests who were there started to mumble among themselves as if they just discovered something unbelievable after so long.

"Did he just talk?"

"No way... We've been working here for years and not once heard his voice."

"And his expression, it's not looking like a dead person now."

Okay, that last comment kind of offended him, forcing him to glance to whoever said that but only for a second. There was more of an urgent matter in front of him, his wife.

"I don't know what is going on but I'm pretty sure they are enemies, right?" Ravn also approached, looking at him straight in the eyes.

Not going to lie, that guy sent chills down his spine. "That's right. Whoever hurts my family will be my enemy."

Upon finished stating his answer, Ravn showed him a small smile. "I and Hyewon will take care of Eunbi and Headmaster Kang. I hope you trust us on that."

"Eunbi adore you so much so why shouldn't I?" He replied with a question.

"Wait, are you going to fight your way through, hyung?" San held his arm. He was afraid of the decision that the older man makes.

"I don't see any other way." Gureon simply replied.

"Seojoon is an instructor. He's one of the elite Demon hunters in our household." Said the younger.

He scoffed. "Not for long."

"Anyway, you're from the same household as them, right? So why are you with us?" Hyewon finally got the chance to ask.

"I-I'm..." San couldn't finish his words. He also felt guilty about the fact that he was also from the same blood as one of his old friend's enemies.

"He's a friend. Don't go all tsundere on him, will you?" Gureon chimed in, patting San's shoulder.

Hearing that coming from his own mouth, Hyewon quitted about that topic and focused back on the problem: how to fight them unarmed while the enemies all have a dagger in their hand.

"Gureon, why don't you just come back with us like how Mother wants you to?" Sakura got up from the floor, leaving Eunbi alone in the meantime.

"I'm sorry, but my home is here with her." He looked at Eunbi who slightly gave him a smile.

"Also, I won't go back as long as Mother doesn't change her way of handling the household." He added.

"So, you're willing to see your family die because of your own ego?" She walked forward.

"It's bold of you to assume you can kill them." He chuckled.

"Yea, what he said. I won't die as long as there's food in this world. Wait, I haven't even eaten lunch." Hyewon's eyes grew wide as she remembered she had not eaten lunch for today.