Chapter 50

The area was foggy with smoke and dust, causing everyone there to cough while covering their faces. When the smoke disappeared, all they could see was an empty land— the forest had been cleared out to the roots, leaving the remains scattered everywhere. 

The empty land gave people at the borders of the barrier a clear look at what was happening and undeniably, what they saw sparked a shock in their hearts. Just a minute ago they thought they would lose the battle but now, the table completely turned.

"Holy shit... What kind of power is that? Is it ended already?" From the tone of Bishop's question, he was awed to the core.

"Yea, I think so." Eunbi nonchalantly answered.

"But he only used one attack! I want to see more, not gonna lie. I mean, he completely mowed the whole forest down. Can he do an even stronger attack?"

"I guess my son-in-law is that powerful so maybe next time." Headmaster Kang patted his excited friend's back.

Eunbi smiled as he knew Gureon held back so much with that earlier attack. If he didn't, all the area and the people would get caught up in the blast and if that happened, she was already preparing herself to protect the others but she was happy she didn't have to.

The one who couldn't control his happiness was Yeoweon as he lets out a light laugh. "Hahaha, he's still strong as ever."

Hyewon standing beside him made a confused expression. "Wait, according to my calculations, Gureon oppa lived in Infernal world until he was 3 or 4, right? So how do you know he was just as strong?"

"You could say, as a Demon, our childhood is different." He smiled as he was pretty sure Hyewon got what he meant.

"Sure, whatever you say." She nodded, crossing her arms and ignored him.

At the centre of the destroyed forest was Regal, standing on his feet but his body was filled with injuries. The corrupted angel was panting heavily as he shot a poisonous glare towards the red-eyed man in front of him. The man just chuckled and shook his head.

"Why did you do that? When I told you to catch, I mean with your hands, not with your whole body." Gureon spoke, boring down at the angel. His dark suffocating aura still lingered around him in the shape of red fire-like smoke.

Despite his weak state, Regal still attacked him with a few last energy weapons he could mutter. No need to say, he easily deflected them with his hand as if they were annoying flies.

"Is that all you can do, King of the Angels? All the forbidden power you obtained, don't tell me you have nothing to defeat me." He walked a few steps closer.

Regal stopped panting. His wounds and injuries were gradually healed in about just five seconds then afterwards, he stood tall again, looking proud as ever as he smirked. When the smirk on his face disappeared, he also disappeared from his spot.

A second later,  a strong blow hits Gureon's stomach. The force blasted from the front to his back. "I told you to not get ahead of yourself, demon."

"But I am not tho...because I'm already ahead all the time." An inch in front of his stomach was his hand, grabbing the angel's fist so it didn't hit him at all.

"You're slow, Regal."

BAM

He kneed the angel on the chest, not letting Regal's fist go so he could pull him closer and smashed the angel's forehead with his own, probably denting the man's skull. Now that Gureon released Regal's hand, the latter stumbled back and healed his injuries again in seconds.