Chapter 32

Midnight, the time for Gureon and Eunbi to raid the Vampire's headquarters arrived.

Now, they just waited for Taejin to come out from the eatery so they could begin.

Bored of waiting, Gureon moved behind his wife and engulfed her in a sudden back-hug.

His chin rested on her shoulder as he tightened his arms around her body below her chest.

Eunbi held his hands. "Why? Sleepy?"

"Mhm. A little bit. I hope this won't take long." He answered with eyes closed.

"Yea, hopefully, they won't give us much trouble." She smiled.

He lazily nodded as he swayed to the left and right together with Eunbi. Doing that also helped with getting rid of the night cold.

He slowly buried his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her sweet and inviting smell.

Eunbi playfully glared at him. "Yah, what are you doing?"

He smiled at her, looking as innocent as possible. "I'm sniffing you."

She facepalmed internally as she didn't expect to get a straightforward answer like that.

She lightly bumped her head against his. "Stop playing around. We will have more time for that after this."

"More time for?" He asked and teasingly bit her ear.

"For me to kill you." Eunbi rolled her eyes at him.

"Fine, fine~" He pouted.

"I'll be serious now." He let go of Eunbi and moved beside her just in time to see Taejin walking out of the eatery with Yuri.

Yuri's parents were also presented as Taejin headed toward them. "Sorry, Yuri caught me."

"It's okay, we are bound to get busted sooner or later anyway." He patted the younger boy's shoulder.

"If you guys are here to stop us, it's not gonna happen." He firmly stated.

"No, it's not that. Actually, I want to tag along." Yuri's reply surprised them as the girl pleadingly looked at him and Eunbi.

He glanced at his wife but she was already looking at him, signaling him to make the call so he nodded.

"Alright, let's make this quick. If your parents allowed you to, then you can come with us." He looked at Mister Jo.

The older man nodded. "We won't stop her. You guys are doing this because of us and Yuri..."

"Only through Yuri, we can somewhat give a little bit of assistance." Continued Mrs. Jo.

"That's true!" Yuri intervened. "I really want to help."

He saw the determination in the girl's eyes as she spoke. He then huffed out. "That's it then. Make sure you stay close to Eunbi."

Yuri beamed. "Yes! Thank you, oppa!"

Before the excitement got over the girl, Eunbi pulled her to her side. "Uncle, aunty, we will protect this hamster here so don't worry."

The old couple just smiled gratefully at them as they took off to the main streets under the night sky.
.
.
.

During the journey to the enemy's headquarters, Taejin started a conversation.

It was both for fending off against the swallowing silence and to get an answer for his curiosity.

"Hyung? How strong are you?" The boy asked, thus getting the attention of the other two.