Chapter 39

When Yura finished telling Gureon and Eunbi the important parts of the situation, only the top half of the sun remained visible.

The other customers were also leaving one by one, making the three of them the only people there.

It was not the closing time of the cafe yet so they were welcomed to stay for several hours to come if they want to.

"I see. Serenity is the last stronghold against Regal?" Eunbi repeated what Yura said to make sure she didn't get anything wrong.

The woman in front of her nodded. "The members of the other households decided to back up your father despite the casualties and losses they suffered."

"I assume the residence of Serenity is packed right now," Gureon said while playing with Eunbi's soft fingers.

"Yes, and the Councils are nowhere to be seen. Those old cowards." Yura scoffed.

"Ah, the Council. The bunches who wanted to get me the other day, right? Such disappointment. I was kinda hoping to see how powerful they are but I guess it's nothing much."

Eunbi playfully glanced at him. "Darling, showing off is not nice so don't do that. And could you please stop biting my finger?"

Gureon who kept biting Eunbi's finger since earlier smiled sheepishly as he lowered her hand. It was not a real bite, mind you. It was just a playful chomp you could say.

"Sorry, I'm feeling bored."

"This dire situation is boring to you?" Yura angrily stared at him.

"No, the story is not boring but your narration is." He shrugged.

Before the woman could lunge at him, he chuckled. "That was a joke."

Yura heaved out, cupping her waist as she looked at Eunbi, frustrated. "Your Highness, please pardon my bluntness but are you really married to a Demon? Because he looks like a kid to me."

Eunbi giggled heartily. "I know, right? He's cute." She then smiled knowingly at him.

"Wha- You know what? Nevermind, let's forget about this and continue with the important bits of the situation." The advisor sat down and calmed down.

Gureon and Eunbi had no intention to make fun of or take the situation lightly, they just wanted the restless advisor to relax for a bit.

Judging by Yura's behavior, the two of them knew that the woman had gone through a difficult time so at least they wanted her to take a breather while she was there.

"How much longer will Serenity be able to hold on?" He asked, getting a bit serious now.

"I can't say for certain. It depends on their strategy and smart-play but Belladonna seeds boosted the chance to a higher number so I'd say a month if you need a rough estimation."

"So, their forces are all from the inside. No outside help at all?" Eunbi asked as she was thinking something.

"Ah, that's right. You might not believe this but Regal's attacking troops keep pulling out whenever we are at a disadvantage." Yura stated.

Eunbi leaned back. "Regal's main forces are from Regalia, isn't it?"

"Yes. How did you know? The man who leads the troops is-"

"Youngjo?" She cuts the advisor's words.

Yura's mouth gaped open. "Seriously, how did you know?"

"Call it a lucky guess. But Youngjo...he must be feeling conflicted and in dilemma right now." She sighed, pitying her friend.

He touched his wife's cheek. "Let's end it quickly and free everyone."

"Yea, let's do that," Eunbi said, holding his hand.

Witnessing the interaction between Gureon and Eunbi, Yura unconsciously smiled. She didn't know her queen's life story but she could see the happiness radiating from her.

"Do you two love each other?" The question blurted out from the advisor's mouth.

Gureon and Eunbi looked at the woman in front of them simultaneously and chuckled.

"You already know the answer, unnie."

"I guess I do." Yura then looked at him. "Gureon, why do you want to help this world but not your own?"

"Because my home is here, not the Infernal World." He easily answered.

"I see. Anyway, I know telling this won't change anything but we also got help from the Demons."

Eunbi leaned forward for a bit. "Really?"

"Yes, one of them is named Yeoweon, if that jingle any bell." Yura then waited for his reaction.

He lowered his head, slightly smiling. "Yeoweon... Wow, it's been so long since I heard that name."

"You know him, darling?"

"He was my annoying admirer. Following me wherever I went when we were a child. But why are they here?"

Yura shrugged. "He said they want to stop Regal right there and then before he could further expand his tyranny."

"Make sense. We need every help that we can get."

"That is true, Your Highness, and the current situation somehow makes people forget about each other's origin." She stopped for a bit, quite awed something like that could happen.

"They all just want to stop Regal as soon as possible and to achieve that goal, we need your help."

"I don't know how much my participation would amount but I will do my best." She smiled, reassuring the older woman.

"Hearing that from your own mouth really lifted the burden on my shoulders. Thank you, Your Highness."

"Unnie, I said you don't have to call me like that any longer."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot." Yura smiled and stood up. "My task here is done so I will be taking my leave, Eunbi."

She abruptly stood up. "Stay with us for tonight. We will go back tomorrow morning, together."

"No, I can't do that. I have to-"

"Advisor Yura, this is an order." She sternly argued.

The older exhaled and chuckled. "You just had to play that card, huh? Alright then, but I'll take a different route. Don't want to be a third wheel." She smiled, nodding, and went her way.

° ° ° ° °

Cut! Infernal World next week then it will be time to kick Regal's butts. See ya. Dream out.