Chapter 6

[Inside the restaurant]
[Gureon's POV]

Consequences? Hell no! I didn't like the sound of it even one bit. The smile on her face wasn't one that humans could trust. Even I got kind of chill just from watching her eyes.

Whatever it was, I hoped it was only a false threat because it was still daylight and several people were also there in the restaurant at that time.

Not many people know the existence of the Demons so it would be surprising if the woman in front of me would attempt something ridiculous but judging from her earlier action, I doubted she would go away.

Jooeun looked at the other several customers. "This will be a show of your lifetime, so enjoy it. You guys can drink tea. My treat."

"Jooeun, we can settle this somewhere else. Don't need to involve them." Said Eunbi as she moved in front of me.

"Father, take Gureon away from here." She whispered, glancing sideways to the back.

Headmaster Kang nodded and pulled my arm. I obeyed but I was curious why he didn't fight that Demon. If Eunbi alone wasn't enough then I was sure, with him there, fighting together, they could win.

Don't forget the fact that he was the leader of the Serenity's households at that time. He must have an unbelievable amount of strength so why he acted like a spoiled old toad CEO. No offense, my father-in-law.

Halfway through of turning back, Jooeun vanished from her earlier spot. The others were surprised while Eunbi got into alert mode, scanning the surrounding area.

Maybe her speed could fool the others but she couldn't trick my eyes. I saw her running toward our direction as fast as the passing wind. Her sharp claws were directed at the heart of the old toad beside me.

The moment she began to slash her target, I pushed Headmaster Kang to the side while stepping back myself and brushed back with Eunbi, causing her to whip her body around and almost launch her hand at me.

"Gureon-ah!" She lowered her hand and averted her attention to Jooeun, looking pissed as hell.

'Oh, boy. She will kill me for sure this time.' The glint in her eyes showed me that she had lost her mood to play around.

"You! You got in my way not once but twice!" She pointed at me and her expression alone could shot you dead in the heart.

Anyway, you know what will piss her off even more? That's right, It's me who was acted like I did nothing wrong to her at all while boring down into her eyes with my face looking uninterested whatsoever.

Looking at people's faces wasn't something I would do but I needed to keep my eyes on Jooeun for her every movement because every step she would take, it could be dangerous.

While Jooeun was glaring at me, Headmaster Kang takes the chance and rushed beside us again. I somehow could hear his heartbeats and heavy breathing. He must have been taken aback by what happened a moment ago.

"First you saved Eunbi's life and earlier my life. T-thank you from the bottom of my heart." He said while trying to regain his calm composure.

"I'm sorry, father. I couldn't even see her movement." Eunbi apologized.

Her voice sounded firm as usual but inside she probably felt guilty because of her impotent, her father almost got injured. I sighed mentally while hoping that she would stop looking down on herself.

I knew it just from listening to her rambling the other day about how weak and embarrassing she was, getting all that injuries and running away from her opponent.