Chapter 52

The audiences surrounded the arena of the coliseum started murmuring upon the arrival of the Infernal World's ruler. They became alert but at the same time, they didn't know how they should react.

"Is-is that a demon?"

"So it's true that the Queen is married to a demon? How could this..."

"Are not we supposed to do something?"

"But he's alone so we should be fine, right?"

Gureon who heard the whispers just smiled and ignored them. Those were the least of his concern as his focus was on Eunbi. He swept a strand of hair on her face to the side with his fingers while admiring her loving stare.

"Did you wait long, noona?"

Eunbi nodded as she puckered her lips, unknowingly tempting him to capture those into a kiss but because of his strong self-refrain, he could hold back and just chuckle at her cute antics.

Still ignoring all the other living beings around him, he asked her, "So, let's go home?"

"Hm? Just like that?" She knew he already knows her answer but it still made her happy that he asked so she lightly giggled.

"Darling, if we don't settle things here, trust me, they will cock-blocked us all the time."

The advisor heard her vulgar word then widened her eyes. "Your Highness! Please mind your tongue."

"What? That's the word so if I can't say it then how am I supposed to deliver the meaning?" She argued.

"Eunbi, you-" Yura couldn't further argue with her queen so she turned to him instead. "Did you teach her that filthy word?"

"Of course not. She's the dominant one so- Ouch!"

"Shut up," Eunbi commanded as she released a chunk of flesh on his waist.

"And you, Miss Advisor. Don't be too innocent. I'm sure you'll use that kind of words when you're having fun with your loved one...if you have one, that is." Her last attack on Yura was too fatal, silencing the advisor on the spot.

While they were having a chat on their own, the audiences could only watch their queen in silence to the point where they became slightly amused and forgot about the presence of a demon in the arena. They just couldn't sense any hostility from him.

The peace would last a bit longer if not because of her mother, who began speaking gibberish once more. "Gureon, the Ruler of the Infernal World. Did you come here to surrender or perhaps, to begin chaos?"

Because of Kwon's words, the guards around the arena brandished a spear from thin air and approached him with the weapons pointing at his neck from quite a distance.

Eunbi raised her hand. "Stop. My husband is not a threat." Her command made the guards stop several meters around them. 

"Eunbi, you're too blinded by love, my daughter. I just want to free you from it."

"Mother, do you even still consider me as your daughter?"

Kwon didn't give her any response, making her chuckle. "The moment you know my real identity, the love in your eyes that you had towards me turned into resentment."

That was the first time she talked about this but she had to let it go at last. "All the time, I wished that the resentment you had is only because I lied to you but...who am I lying to? That hatred you have towards me is more than that."

"So? It affects you that much? Should I spell 'I love you' to make you feel better?" Kwon asked, lacking in the emotion of a mother.

She scoffed, lowering her head. "Don't be mistaken. I said those because I don't want to feel burdened by it any longer, not because I'm searching for sympathy. Moreover, my mother is dead long ago."