Chaper 18

The cathedral became quiet.

Not even the wind dared to step foot inside the place filled with the stench of the death. Ongoing battles that happened not a while ago had come to a halt

All eyes fell on one spot inside the cathedral where one man stood tall while another man kneeling on the floor with pity, blood gushing out from his mouth.

"It...can't be...hyung..." San's legs became weak as he witnessed the scene and stumbled to the back.

"What the hell? Instructor Seojoon couldn't even lay a finger on him..." Said one of Seojoon's followers, totally losing his will to fight.

"We-we shouldn't have come here at all!" Yelled the other follower and dashed to the front entrance.

The fight between Gureon and Seojoon didn't take long. In fact, it didn't even reach one minute.

The moment Seojoon made his move, he instantly lost his right arm. Then the next thing he knows, Gureon already stabbed him on the stomach with the poison dagger.

Gureon moved so fast that no one could see him like a whisper of a demon hidden in the blowing wind. Silently reaching its target while it goes unnoticed.

"Looks like it's our loss." Sakura lowered her fighting stance.

Hyewon huffed out, also loosened up her tensed muscles. She was glad the fight ended before both of them could resort to their full strengths.

She wasn't even sure who would win if they happened to reach that point and what occupied half of her thought was Gureon. He won the fight like he wasn't putting any effort whatsoever.

The thought of not knowing her brother-in-law's full strength scares her but there was one person who might have the answer to that.

She moved to Ravn "How strong Gureon really is?" She asked San straight away.

San chuckled as he sat down on the floor. "No one knows but what I know is, once he started, he won't stop until there is no one left to fight."

"Are you sure?" Ravn asked, thinking if what San said was true, they would be in big trouble. Not to mention Eunbi's and Headmaster Kang conditions were like that.

His eyes widened. "Oh no! I forgot about your father." He said to Hyewon and leaped onto the stage where Headmaster Kang was located.

"Are you alright, uncle?" He pulled the old man up, putting his arm around his neck.

"I'm still alive so it's all good but this situation is a mess." Said Headmaster Kang, looking at his daughter's sad state and his son-in-law, standing tall in front of Eunbi.

He never thought the once quiet kid that grows up in front of his eyes every day would turn out to be a man who had already tainted with blood in his life in the past.

Was that the reason Gureon lived his life as if he didn't exist in this world? Was that his way of escaping his bloody past and to possibly avoid a bloody future? He wondered.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Seojoon let out a crazy laugh. "That's more like it! You look like one of us now."

Gureon just bored down at the tall man as he pulled the dagger out of his opponent's flesh. He gripped Seojoon's head, raising the dagger up and brought it down towards the tall man's neck.

"Stop!!!"

.
.
.

The dagger stopped right when the tip touched Seojoon's flesh.

Blood trickled down his neck as he panted heavily, glancing down at the sharp object with fear in his eyes. His whole body was trembling and sweaty.