Chapter 48

"Hyewon, are you okay?" Eunbi crouched down beside her sister after retracting her wings. "I'm sorry I'm late." She caressed Hyewon's head as she looked at her solemn expression.

The younger nodded, cradling an unconscious man on her laps. "I'm alright...but Yeoweon..." She looked like she was about to cry but holding it in.

Yeoweon? Gureon's admirer? The Demon who is helping us in the battle. Is he...

She saw a movement but it was too fast so she ignored it for now.

She then looked at her father and the others as they just nodded at her. The situation didn't allow them to have a conversation for the time being. Regal was still there and also his right-hand man, Cass.

The ones who saw her for the first time could only be awed in their heads and stored whatever question they had to themselves. They only know one fact about her and that she is the Queen of the Angels and her powers could be as strong as Regal or more.

"Who did it?" She asked Hyewon and her sister looked directly at Regal. "I see..."

"It was supposed to be me but he got in the way, such idiot..." The younger mumbled, making her chuckle.

"Unnie, there's nothing funny here," Hyewon exclaimed, wiping her eyes.

"I know, I know." She huffed out, standing up. "Only two left? Where's their troops?" 

"They retreated when Regal came down earlier," Bishop answered. "I guess he couldn't stay still and wanted to flex his power." He added, shrugging.

Eunbi smiled, covering her mouth. "You guys look terrible so I take it he wasn't flexing after all."

"Aish, did you really have to rub it on our faces?" The older sulked playfully.

She swung her hand in a wide area and feathers fell from above. Lucas and Yena who were weakened on the ground slowly regained their strength back. Hyewon's wound on her leg also disappeared, leaving only a trail of dried blood.

Bishop lifted his arm from Headmaster Kang's shoulder. "Oh, I can move now and my injuries..." He said while happily rubbing his face smooth from wounds.

Regal then suddenly landed in the vicinity. His face was decorated with disappointment as his greyish wings flapped violently, somehow cooling them down for a bit in the middle of the hot weather.

"My dear Eunbi, it has been so long since I saw you and what you show me is this, wasting your pure power on inferior creatures and also on Demons no less. You disappoint me, greatly."

Bishop and the others were ready to engage the king once again but she stopped them. "You guys stay back. It's me that he wants." She stepped forward past the others.

"But what he said is true tho. We are a demon. You shouldn't be so kind to us." Yena spoke as Eunbi was walking past her.

"Does it really matters?" She smiled at the blonde demon. "No matter what our origin is and what cultures we have, we are all living being trying to live our lives."

Yena was speechless so she continued talking. "I mean, my darling is a demon so..." She shrugged.

"Ah! That's right. Prince Gureon is our ruler so that makes you our Queen?" Intervened Lucas, pondering by himself.

"Technically speaking, yes. But I don't think he wants to be the ruler of the Infernal World tho. His only world is me, after all."

Silence engulfed as all eyes were on her. Their expressions were unreadable. "I'm joking, okay?" She stated, giggling in nervous.