Chapter 4

[Main mansion]
[Eunbi's POV]

Two days had passed after I make my report about Celeri or her human name, Jooeun to my father and uncle Bishop, they immediately dispatched a few teams of three to hunt her down.

Since then, there was still no news regarding that which I assumed they still haven't found her. That was to be expected given she was a Demon with a name. She wasn't one to mess with.

As for my injuries, it had been fully healed now because of these past two days of medical treatment so no more bandages, except my hurting leg and my face, decorated with the scars of the slices.

Our medical specialty told me that Celeri's claws were venomous but the first treatment that I got absorbed it all out.

That got me thinking about what kind of ingredients Gureon used to treat me. I could ask him directly of course, but I doubt he would answer me as we all know what he was like.

So, that has to be a mystery for the time being.

Currently, I was walking toward where the garden is located to find my sister because I know that where she would be if she had something burdening to think about or when she feels sad.

The garden is located behind the mansion and that's the place where we made most of our memories with our mom.

Sure enough, Hyewon was there, sitting quietly on an aesthetic wooden bench. Her eyes were staring beautifully at the wide variations of dancing flowers in front of her.

Which one of them was more pretty, I couldn't decide.

[Backyard garden]

I walked to the bench where she was sitting and sat down beside her. I kinda had an idea of what she would tell me so I just sat there quietly, joining her in watching the flowers.

The cool breezes and the calm atmosphere that washed over me was really nice so no wonder Hyewon love this place.

"Did father asked you to talk to me, unnie?" She spoke, not looking at my direction.

I chuckled, leaning back. "No, he didn't. Plus, he couldn't. I haven't gone to the meeting yet."

The meeting that our family members were having at that time was about the marriage between Hyewon and Gureon so you can guess now why she looked so dispirited. I would be too if I were her.

What I said made her look at me, wondering. "Why not?" She asked.

I smiled toward the flowers. "I'm thinking."

She just looked at me without saying anything as she clearly had no idea what I was talking about. She must have been thinking like 'Why should I be bothered given I've nothing to do with it.'

"I'm thinking about the reason why father is so insisted on marrying you to Gureon," I told her.

"I don't know and I don't care." She firmly said and stood up, crossing her arms on her chest.

I wasn't looking at her face but I could easily guess what it looks like at that time. Hyewon's face was probably looked indifferent as usual because she keeps her feelings inside, not outside.

"Are you sure?" I said that as I stood up, looking at her face.

"You know our father won't make a decision without any solid reason behind it, right?" I asked again.

My question hits her on the right spot as she lowered her head and her face softened.

"I know..." She mumbled but it was loud enough for me to hear it.