Chapter 22

Gureon was looking outside the window of the train at the green scenery of the countryside while his own face turns red as a tomato grown in the garden.

He was still breathing but his body feels stiff. He wouldn't dare to move even a muscle.

"Yah, are you still in shock?" Eunbi smiles, lifting her head up from his shoulder.

His eyes didn't move away from the glass. "W-what? No, I'm not. That was nothing." He facades the toughness.

Her lips curve downward, nodding. "Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure it feels like you're melting."

"N-no, I'm not." He stutters.

Eunbi tightens the hug on his arms as she pressed her body on his side, making him shy away toward the window.

"Yes, you are~" She blows the words to his ear. "Especially in our kiss earlier." Her voice fills with a tease.

He coughs out as if choking on his tongue. That was his only reaction while she laughs at him before backing away from her shy husband.

"That was your first, isn't it?" She asks, sounding demanding now.

He looks at her from the side while she looks to the front. He automatically gulps as he feels that if he answers her wrong, something bad would happen.

"Y-yeah, of course." He gives the answer that would seal his fate.

Pleasantly, he sees Eunbi smiles and looks at him. "How does it feel?"

His eyes widened. "Noona! Don't ask about something like that! It's embarrassing." He whisper-shouts at her and snuggles down the seat to hide.

She lowers her head. "I just want to know. I did that so suddenly..." Her voice trails off slowly.

"I'm afraid it was a bad one because it was my first kiss too." Her voice was barely visible as she speaks.

The speed of her changing demeanor never ceases to amaze him. She went from a bold and endearing woman to a cute and precious girl real fast. It makes him happy somehow.

He adjusts his position to face her and touched her cheek. "Eunbi noona..." 

She looks up.

"Anything you give me, I love every second of it." His words were simple but it manages to make her smile.

"You said that just to make me feel better." She said, still pouting.

He sighs. He never sweet-talks any woman before but right now, he had to do that to reassure the older woman that what he said is the truth.

"I know our marriage happened because of peculiar reason than love but..." He cups her face on both sides with both hands.

"Even though it's like that, I want you. Only you."

His gaze had more effect on her as she stares and was mesmerized by it before she buries her face on his chest, hugging him tightly.

"So why did you leave me? You know how scared I am when I realized you were gone?"

"I don't want to trouble you but now I know it's a mistake. I'm sorry."

He genuinely hugs her this time without holding back as if she was the only thing he had in this world. He registers her warmth, her smell, her feelings, and everything into his mind.

"Will you go out with me, noona?"

He feels the movement of her head against his chest as she nods and a small sniffle afterward.