Chapter 7

[Restaurant]
[Gureon's POV]

Fifteen minutes since Hyewon and her teammates got here but Jooeun was still running around like a hyper little bitc- kid. And don't even let me start on her teammates because they were all downed on the freaking ground.

I could only watch them while holding Eunbi on my side. They were blocking the door for us to get out and even if they didn't, I was afraid to move while Jooeun lingering freely around us.

Those girls couldn't even match the speed of that evil woman. Jooeun only vanished for a few seconds and the next thing we know, both three of them had been slashed on several parts of their body. Were they poisoned or not, it wasn't my concern.

"I'm sorry, miss Hyewon. I... can't move..." The first girl spoke and her face looked whiter than earlier.

The other two of her teammates also said the same thing and from that, I knew they were indeed had been poisoned but it was probably with a different type. Damn it! How many venoms does that Demon have?

"Not much for a backup, right?" The question ended with a snicker.

Jooeun suddenly appeared at the empty spot between me and Hyewon's group as she looked at me, signaling that her question was for me and for once, I agreed. Those backups weren't helping much if not at all.

She flapped the blood on her nails to the floor before she looked away toward Hyewon. I thought for sure she would lick the blood like she did to Eunbi not long ago but instead, her face looked disgusted.

"So, are you just gonna watch and-"

Her words ended halfway when a knee, out of nowhere, almost landed right in the middle of her face. Even I couldn't quite see when was the time Hyewon dashed toward her.

It's safe to say that Hyewon was faster than her opponent but Jooeun still managed to block her knee with her two hands, layered on each other and when one knee and two hands clashed against one another, it gave out a windy force to the surrounding.

Hyewon landed on the ground and immediately followed up by trying to reach her opponent's head which Jooeun dodged down with a blurry movement and slashed at Hyewon's chest but she had the chance to stepped back.

The fight between Demon Hunter and a Demon is like a normal fight except with their super strength and speed plus several other random abilities possessed by them. That's a given because the Angels and the Demons originated from similar races.

I got to admit that the fight scenes in front of me were eye-catching but I didn't have the leisurely to stay and be a spectator when a goddess of a woman who I was holding started getting heavier as she groaned.

Her head rested on my shoulder and her arm around my neck started to lose strength so I tightened my grip on her waist when her legs finally gave up, completely losing its functionality.

I stared at her beautiful face and noticed how pale she looked at that time. Her tempting lips got dry and cracked. She was no different from someone who already stopped breathing. Only the air coming out from her gaping mouth was the only thing that told me she was still alive.

"Are you playing with me, girl?" Said Jooeun, looking annoyingly at Hyewon.

"No, you're wrong. I'm not playing but teaching you a lesson." She replied, rivaling the stare that she got from Jooeun.

Jooeun scoffed. "Do I need to remind you that woman over there won't last long." She pointed toward our direction at Eunbi.

"One hour time is almost up." She reminded.